6.4 MANIFOLDS **NEW NUMBERS**

morepower02

Reaction score
Inflated claims.. overlayed dyno sheets.. Gas references.. I'll form my own opinion your free to form your own.

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Not trying to stick up for Steed but he admits that the runs were supposedly two identical setups, minus the headers. He didn't try to hide it.
At least these headers/manifolds shouldn't have the problems that the 7.3 "custom" made headers had cracking at the flanges.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Inflated claims.. overlayed dyno sheets.. Gas references.. I'll form my own opinion your free to form your own.

Claims are not inflated. The results are spectacular and you should be happy but hey! if power isn't your thing then don't buy my manifolds. Dynos though not perfect are plenty good enough for now. There are more dynos coming on other motors including feedback from Shawn Ellerton when he gets his 6.0 put back together. Do you trust his word?. FYI my Cummins manifolds make more power than any other manifolds available and considering the results from these manifolds I'd say I know plenty about making power on the fords and any other diesel for that matter. Diesel is no different than any other motor and it responds to the the exact same dynamics as a gas motor.

Last edited:

bigsix300

Reaction score
morepower02 i did not state any opinion just was saying that i didnt think he was new to diesel.:shrug:

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score

I'm almost positive that the dyno results posted show a positive increase of before and after the manifolds. Maybe we looked at two different graphs, but there was a max gain of 92 RWHP and consistently more power throughout the entire run.

bigsix300

Reaction score
I think the problem here is that if you make claims on these forums without the numbers to prove it you will catch hell until if/when you do.

Dockboy

Reaction score
Claims are not inflated. The results are spectacular and you should be happy but hey! if power isn't your thing then don't buy my manifolds. Dynos though not perfect are plenty good enough for now. There are more dynos coming on other motors including feedback from Sean Ellerton when he gets his 6.0 put back together. Do you trust his word?. FYI my Cummins manifolds make more power than any other manifolds available and considering the results from these manifolds I'd say I know plenty about making power on the fords and any other diesel for that matter. Diesel is no different than any other motor and it responds to the the exact same dynamics as a gas motor.

Since you are willing to "lay money on it", I have a proposition for you...

Build me a manifold with wastegate flange to specifications that can drop in my 1000+ hp cummins and I will do back to back dyno runs and 1/4 mi passes before and after changing only the manifold.

2612349210033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

All results will be posted publicly.

If it gains what you claim, I will buy it and run your stickers on the truck to advertise for you (I race in at least 20 events a year). If it doesn't perform as you claim, you can have the manifold back and pay all the expenses inncurred for the testing.

2567302380033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

What say you?

Last edited:

steedspeed

Reaction score
Since you are willing to "lay money on it", I have a proposition for you...

Build me a manifold with wastegate flange to specifications that can drop in my 1000+ hp cummins and I will do back to back dyno runs and 1/4 mi passes before and after changing only the manifold.

2612349210033715158S600x600Q85.jpg

All results will be posted publicly.

If it gains what you claim, I will buy it and run your stickers on the truck to advertise for you (I race in at least 20 events a year). If it doesn't perform as you claim, you can have the manifold back and pay all the expenses inncurred for the testing.

What say you?

That's a Cummins you have there. I'm talking about my Ford manifolds. My Cummins manifolds are way better than what you have on there right now but the difference is much greater on the Fords. Torque gain with my Cummins on a 12v on engine dyno was 90ft lbs which put him over 900 ft lbs. (a 3 piece we won't name lost 80ft lbs). The Fords had further to go as the stock manifolds were so bad.

steedspeed

Reaction score
I think the problem here is that if you make claims on these forums without the numbers to prove it you will catch hell until if/when you do.

The numbers shown here have been presented honestly. As far as my opinion regarding the manifolds being able to improve a trucks 1/4 mile by 1 second, that's just my opinion and remains to be proved or otherwise. I'm pretty sure though that if you set up a ford to run a big turbo and use everything the turbos and manifolds can give you. If you then took off my manifolds and Toms up pipes and went back to stock manifolds you would certainly lose a second in the 1320. You will always want to improve the whole system because the new found fast spool and free flowing top end will be begging for more fuel and air.

bigsix300

Reaction score
I agree. The engine will only perform as good as its weakest point. The more you have in a setup the more these will shine.

Dockboy

Reaction score
That's a Cummins you have there. I'm talking about my Ford manifolds. My Cummins manifolds are way better than what you have on there right now but the difference is much greater on the Fords. Torque gain with my Cummins on a 12v on engine dyno was 90ft lbs which put him over 900 ft lbs. (a 3 piece we won't name lost 80ft lbs). The Fords had further to go as the stock manifolds were so bad.

90 ft lbs:fustrate:

My truck makes over 1800 ft lbs but torque don't mean squat compared to horsepower in drag racing.:hammer:

If your manifolds and "theory" are as good as you say...put your money where your mouth is and accept my proposal:shrug: You should have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

steedspeed

Reaction score
90 ft lbs:fustrate:

My truck makes over 1800 ft lbs but torque don't mean squat compared to horsepower in drag racing.:hammer:

If your manifolds and "theory" are as good as you say...put your money where your mouth is and accept my proposal:shrug: You should have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

And like I said. I am talking about the Ford manifolds here. I don't see what my Cummins manifolds have to do with powerstrokes?

Dockboy

Reaction score
And like I said. I am talking about the Ford manifolds here. I don't see what my Cummins manifolds have to do with powerstrokes?

You are the one making the claims about "your" manifolds...Both Powerstrokes AND Cummins:fustrate:

I'm just offering you the opportunity to prove it:shrug: If you do a little searching you will find the Cummins world questions your claims also :poke:

steedspeed

Reaction score
You are the one making the claims about "your" manifolds...Both Powerstrokes AND Cummins:fustrate:

I'm just offering you the opportunity to prove it:shrug: If you do a little searching you will find the Cummins world questions your claims also :poke:

If you do a little searching you will find the Cummins world is coming to me over everyone else. Your 1000 hp truck dosen't come close to any of the top 9 second trucks running my manifolds. And yes, all the fastest Cummins are running Steed Speed now. We make more power and we never, ever, break. Your truck is pretty low grade for a Cummins to be honest and I don't need to sponsor a daily driver level truck to promote my products. Get back to us when you get serious about making some real power.

Reaction score
Manif

There are some people out there,that are not happy unless they have something to complain about.Steedspeed has designed a great manifold for our 6.4 and 6.0 engines that make more horsepower and torque,so instead of criticizing his product let's thank him for a job well done.I can't wait to get a set of these on my 6.0.Thanks alot for your time in these manifolds Leen. Dan.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
If you do a little searching you will find the Cummins world is coming to me over everyone else. Your 1000 hp truck dosen't come close to any of the top 9 second trucks running my manifolds. And yes, all the fastest Cummins are running Steed Speed now. We make more power and we never, ever, break. Your truck is pretty low grade for a Cummins to be honest and I don't need to sponsor a daily driver level truck to promote my products. Get back to us when you get serious about making some real power.

LOL

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
There are some people out there,that are not happy unless they have something to complain about.Steedspeed has designed a great manifold for our 6.4 and 6.0 engines that make more horsepower and torque,so instead of criticizing his product let's thank him for a job well done.I can't wait to get a set of these on my 6.0.Thanks alot for your time in these manifolds Leen. Dan.

I do believe that the validity of the testing and the 1 second reduction in track times is what is being called into question.

I understand what a PITA it is to pull a cab to swap these components to do dyno runs on the same truck - but what if we were testing something else... say some custom tunes... Is it acceptable test procedures to run Tune A on one truck and Tune B on a second truck and then compare the before and after numbers with certainty?

What I am getting at - do I think the SteedSpeed manifolds have the possibility of producing more power over stock? Duh. No brainer, that is a yes. Do I have a real good feel on what increase I might get? Not really.

Also - I'm not sure why SteedSpeed elected to not take Dockboy up on his offer since SteedSpeed did say that he would put money on it that his manifolds would increase power and torque. Big deal its on a Cummins instead of a PSD. I also think its a bit outlandish to think that SteedSpeed is only marketing to the Cummins crowd North of 1kHP and not any "daily drivers" - but yet over here in the PSD world the testing was done on a pair of stock turbo'd trucks (or at least based on stock turbos) - why would a company go after a high end market share on one engine only and then go after the average guy market share on another engine?

Just playing a little devil's advocate here. No dog in this hunt.

morepower02

Reaction score
I do believe that the validity of the testing and the 1 second reduction in track times is what is being called into question.

Is it acceptable test procedures to run Tune A on one truck and Tune B on a second truck and then compare the before and after numbers with certainty?

Also - I'm not sure why SteedSpeed elected to not take Dockboy up on his offer since SteedSpeed did say that he would put money on it that his manifolds would increase power and torque.

This ^^^^^

idkillinit

Reaction score

Whoa

Latest posts

Members online