6.4 vs 6.7

sootie

Reaction score
Taking the trans into account... The 6.7 will be better simply due to the fact that you can select and hold your gear keeping the single fully lit. Now a 6.4 with upgraded compounds coupled to the 6R140? That would be simply amazing.

werd...

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I love my lariat 6.4. They're honestly just a damn powerhouse. But I drove my buddies fully loaded 6.7 a while back and fell in love. The interiors are so much nicer and they drive and ride like a dream. So I guess I gotta let the 6.4 go as much as I hate to do.

Power wise id get a 6.4

Daily driving and comfort, 6.7

jdgleason

Reaction score
It would take some sort of biblical numbers with unheard of reliability to get me out of my truck.

:whs:

I drove around my buddy's '13 450 platinum. Sick truck, but I'm not even slightly interested in trading my Lariat Ultimate 6.4...

Really isn't any nicer inside... different but no nicer :shrug:

A/C seats are cool... but not that cool.

FordPSD64

Reaction score
:whs:

I drove around my buddy's '13 450 platinum. Sick truck, but I'm not even slightly interested in trading my Lariat Ultimate 6.4...

Really isn't any nicer inside... different but no nicer :shrug:

A/C seats are cool... but not that cool.

I think they're nicer. I love the AC seats. It gets hot in Texas and I hate getting out with a sweaty back. I love my 6.4 it's an awesome truck. Sure will be hard to go back to a slower truck that's for sure. I guess for the price difference I couldn't justify that little of difference if that's your only reasons.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I think they're nicer. I love the AC seats. It gets hot in Texas and I hate getting out with a sweaty back. I love my 6.4 it's an awesome truck. Sure will be hard to go back to a slower truck that's for sure. I guess for the price difference I couldn't justify that little of difference if that's your only reasons.

I get you. And I understand wanting a new vehicle as well lol. I want something new, but I wouldn't give up my 6.4 for it.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I have a '12 and it tows like a dream but I loved the 35's with the 4.10's that my SRWn350 had I wish I would have tore it down and rebuilt it at 163k but I got nervous an injector would hang and I'd be out a motor. But I would drop it into 4th and it would hold towing my 16k pound 5th wheel just fine I like how quiet and smooth the 6.7 is but my 6.4 only had a louder exhaust. I now wish I would have just spent the money to build it with a stage 3 tranny and a 71 mm low pressure and had a nice running truck!

FordPSD64

Reaction score
I get you. And I understand wanting a new vehicle as well lol. I want something new, but I wouldn't give up my 6.4 for it.

Yeah I hear ya... I'm selling mine and getting a 14 platinum. Nothing against my 6.4 it's hands down the best, most fun truck I've ever owned, I really just want a warranty and something with low mileage. but I wanna get a single cab 6.4 for a toy. for right now I'd like to save up and build a shop to work on my **** on first haha

RedRice589

Reaction score
I miss the seat of the pants and the exhaust the most I loved my 6.4 plus I had the ranch hand on it already. Set the cruise on 74 and I got 17 mpg all day. Same as the 6.7 I have. Never had any worries all it needed were HID's. I miss it the more I talk about it lol

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
I LOVE the 6.4 even if it means working on it a little bit more. I have high powers, duel fuelers 30% nozzles, and tons of supporting mods and wouldn't give it up. 6.4's are just an absolute riot with some fuel and larger turbos. I know that the 6.7's are really nice as well, but the 6.4 just does it for me.

jdgleason

Reaction score
I LOVE the 6.4 even if it means working on it a little bit more. I have high powers, duel fuelers 30% nozzles, and tons of supporting mods and wouldn't give it up. 6.4's are just an absolute riot with some fuel and larger turbos. I know that the 6.7's are really nice as well, but the 6.4 just does it for me.

Agreed! Maybe everybody jumping ship has stock turbos 😜

capt dong

Reaction score
I rather have the 6.4 because...

financially- small payments and almost done paying her off.

power- A LOT more than the 6.7. Tows heavy extremely well. Tuned and deleted of course.

fuel economy- 6.4 tuned and deleted is about the same as the 6.7 stock. No DEF either.

interior- definitely goes to the 6.7 as it should. Cooled seats plus vents to the back. All the neat little gadgetry I don't really care for.

looks- pretty similar and it doesn't matter much to me. I like the way my truck looks.

Reaction score
My vote is for both. I mean a 6.4 with a hood stack and a 6.7 towing it is where it's at..... Lol. But really, I got another 6.7 and sent the 6.4 shortbed dually down the road. I kinda miss the 6.4...... till I get in the 6.7. I've owned 6-6.4's and 2-6.7's. I've put a lot of miles in 6.4's since 08, but both the 6.7's I've owned were freaking tow animals. The only one that even came close to comparing while towing was the shortbed dually. That being said I will probably own another 6.4 before it's all said and done.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.