6.4 vs 6.7

ncollins64

Reaction score
I haven't done a full rebuild but a built top end. My truck was stock till 130k then deleted till 140k. Then the top end got brand new heads with stage 2 valve train and studs. Haven't had any trouble as of yet and I'm around 148k now.

Twinjracing

Reaction score
Ok Boys I didn't have a high power 6.4 but the standerd afe intake Sct tuned and deleted. I liked it hated the drity ness of the tunes Had to clean my 5er after every trip. I had a JOB 1 so it was in the shop for all the normal BS. My biggest complant was the MPG 14 empty @60 MPH with a tail wind Highway only. I traded for my 2012 6.7 all stock still a year later. I like my XLT Cloth better the my lariat leather in the 08. The mpg's are around 16 -18 mixed driving. I love my new truck so much I'm thinking about selling my EX and getting another 6.7. Also My 6.7 has not been in the shop at all. Just My .02

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
The ubiquitous praising of the 6.7 has me thinking I'm going to regret my 6.4L decision, God I hope not. :doh:

no way man, the 6.4 is a hoss...

I was toying with getting a 6.7, but now that the 2015's are promising more better stuff, I'm just going to wait and see how they do and just enjoy my 6.4's in the mean time

sootie

Reaction score
no way man, the 6.4 is a hoss...

I was toying with getting a 6.7, but now that the 2015's are promising more better stuff, I'm just going to wait and see how they do and just enjoy my 6.4's in the mean time

exactly.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.