6.4ltr with a 4R pros and cons please

Jhaddox

Reaction score
So no harness at all? I'm thinking the same as you since mine is a manual since its flashed to be a manual, the 4r would be controlled by the PCS. Are you still suing the 5r flex plate?

Still use the 5r flexplate...you have to use the modular 4r case out of a v10 truck to make it bolt up though

You don't need the 5r or 4r harness. PCS has their own.

Whs 4r has their own harness...connect a few wires for inputs to the pcs and then tune it

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

BFT

Reaction score
You don't need the 5r or 4r harness. PCS has their own.

Still use the 5r flexplate...you have to use the modular 4r case out of a v10 truck to make it bolt up though

Whs 4r has their own harness...connect a few wires for inputs to the pcs and then tune it

:thumbup:right the *** on

Jhaddox

Reaction score
IIRC I'm actually using a 5r converter in the truck...not positive on that though

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
I know the cooler lines mate up...pretty sure you don't need the 5r harness since the pcs doesnt tap into any parts of the trans harness...I plan to swap to a manual pcm soon on mine to see if the wrench light goes away...all you tap onto is (+) (-) key on, throttle position and I think 2 wires on the cam posotioning sensor IIRC craig explained it to me the other week

Not sure on the linkage though

I thought that the 5r cooler lines were bigger than the ports on the 4r?

Anyway, should be a piece of cake since your truck is already a manual.

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
Allan....glad to see your up and running..yours was the first 4r I sold for the '05's up so appreciate you dealing with my learning curve..

Cary

AllanB

Reaction score
No worries Cary. Glad to do buisness with you again. Always goes smooth. I am not up and going just yet. I manage to get everything ready before I went back to work. Last thing was the PCS. Holy Crap, that thing must have 10,000 wires. Ileft it because I had to go back to work the next day, and knew I wouldn't finish. I still have Brian's transmission case. I just returned from work and will get it back to him this week.
Steve (Powerstroke162) I will be giving you a call soon. Might need a little help on this PCS.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
You only hook up like 5 wires...most of those get tied outta the way

AllanB

Reaction score
Any, Minnie, mighty mo? Lol
Five wires sounds a lot better. I might get her IP and going this week then. On my way home now.

AllanB

Reaction score
Allan.....Really need to get the core back.....tieing up $$$$

Cary,
Brian should have had the core weeks ago. I have his transporting case. I will get it off asap. Check with Brian on the core. He should have had it about 4 weeks ago. If he didn't get it, let me know. I will make a couple of calls and see what is going on with it. I thought I had that taken care of before I left for work. Sorry about that Cary. I will get his transporting case back to him, as soon as they will come to get it.

AllanB

Reaction score
No worries on this end Bud. I will send his crate back to him this coming week. Thanks again for all your help.

Jhaddox

Reaction score
Thanks to Craig MPD for the advise on the bracket, and how to get the 4r linkage to mate up.

Pm me on what you did and a few pics if you can I still have to mate my linkage and make a bracket

Latest posts

Members online