6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
There is a point when a positive attitude turns into a careless one... And I think we all just want to see you make huge power and not have any of your time and money wasted. Just my opinion though. Do what you will!

JMart

Reaction score
If I was the owner of custom auto I would want to be into that block just to make sure its not going to pop as soon as it comes together in my shop. I wouldn't want my name tied to anything that could happen shortly after without knowing about it before hand. Does that make sense?

Dan you talk about spending all this money flying back and forth for an issue, why not just spend a little extra now and have Custom Auto pull the heads and verify the current pistons didn't get some slag blown in on them as well and check them out while they have them off.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
If I was the owner of custom auto I would want to be into that block just to make sure its not going to pop as soon as it comes together in my shop. I wouldn't want my name tied to anything that could happen shortly after without knowing about it before hand. Does that make sense?

Dan you talk about spending all this money flying back and forth for an issue, why not just spend a little extra now and have Custom Auto pull the heads and verify the current pistons didn't get some slag blown in on them as well and check them out while they have them off.

This is why we don't touch other shops mistakes, you never know what could come up down the road that the previous shop screwed up. And at the point it then becomes your headache and problem once you've touched it.

I'd be interested to see what the cylinder walls look like if that much slag was getting blown around in there.

Dan

Reaction score
Guys chill!!! I'm going to give it a shot, and if that makes me am idiot so be it! Piping is one thing, but building an engine is another.. Someone that can't build an engine may be a very good fabricator, and visa versa (or however you say that)

I understand you guys are skeptical, BUT carillo rods are carillo rods, I'm not going to touch the engine unless/until it pops, it's that simple! Wasted money etc etc doesn't really matter, at this point it has become and adventure! So come along for the ride or don't it doesn't matter to me!

And just to clear something up here, why would custom auto get blamed if the engine pops? CADP is on the turbo chargers and pipeing, CFD is on the engine, and there's a fine line between the two!

Snake

Reaction score
Guys chill!!! I'm going to give it a shot, and if that makes me am idiot so be it! Piping is one thing, but building an engine is another.. Someone that can't build an engine may be a very good fabricator, and visa versa (or however you say that)

I understand you guys are skeptical, BUT carillo rods are carillo rods, I'm not going to touch the engine unless/until it pops, it's that simple! Wasted money etc etc doesn't really matter, at this point it has become and adventure! So come along for the ride or don't it doesn't matter to me!

And just to clear something up here, why would custom auto get blamed if the engine pops? CADP is on the turbo chargers and pipeing, CFD is on the engine, and there's a fine line between the two!

The point EVERYONE is trying to make is that you don't know what's in there. You took CFD at their word the first time and ended up here. Take their word a second time and I would agree you're an idiot.

Call it blunt, callous, tough love, an intervention, or whatever.....but you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

4EverBoosted1

Reaction score
The point EVERYONE is trying to make is that you don't know what's in there. You took CFD at their word the first time and ended up here. Take their word a second time and I would agree you're an idiot.

Call it blunt, callous, tough love, an intervention, or whatever.....but you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Exactly.

3brorce

Reaction score
This is getting crazy. I think you have too much money now. If you want to throw money away, give it to me haha.

Crack85

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. It's his money n his truck at the end of the day. Spend ur money how u want to spend it Dan. The Guys here r just trying to look out for u I suppose.

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. It's his money n his truck at the end of the day. Spend ur money how u want to spend it Dan. The Guys here r just trying to look out for u I suppose.

Exactly! Dan I'm wishing you the best of luck with your build. We are a concerned group of PSD guys and do not like seeing our brethren treated unfairly. You obviously have a plan in your head, and am already planning on building another engine. So blow this one to the moon and do it again lol. Most of us that pushed the envelope of our trucks have built multiple engines as well. Let her eat buddy

Dan

Reaction score

I agree 100%

This is getting crazy. I think you have too much money now. If you want to throw money away, give it to me haha.

I feel like trying to stick up for myself here is going to be a wasted effort but I'm going to give it a shot to explain WHY. The engine that is in the truck right now is yes an unknown. But that aside here's what that engine doesn't have: it doesn't have a big cam, it doesn't have cut, coated delipped pistons, it doesn't have ported and polished heads and it doesn't have a ported intake manifold. Also it is the early 2012 model year engine that has been known to drop glow plug tips, <- and for that reason alone I want to go to ford, purchase the updated long block and then have that one professionaly built by whomever.. Is it a waste of money? It's peace of mind that's for sure! Also I don't see the point of setting a wrench on that engine unless I'm going to do it right with all the things that IMO are part of a proper build, and here it is: I don't have that kind of cash to do it right now, in 3 months, absolutely, ill get the new long block and start building away, but for now, I have already written off the one that's in there in my mind!

I hope I explained that well enough and I hope someone agrees with my logic, I'm not going to pull heads to check it out with out putting some cut coated pistons in there...

And I appreciate this, I don't think I'm the first person that has had to build an engine twice..

Big Stroker 6.4

Reaction score
Dan, first, this is one ****ty situation and your a better man then me for handling it the way you are. I get your "**** it" logic but I think most of us who have witnessed the threads of so called "builds" from CFD are shocked that these dick bags aren't in jail yet. We are just looking out for you buddy, we hate to see this $hit. I suggest you take a glimpse of some of the threads on here with their name in it. To be honest Im shocked that these tards have the ability to R/R connecting rods, let alone the top end work. I get that you don't have the cake right now but I would think about pulling a head/pan just to make yourself feel better for the ride home. Good luck fellow Canuck!

Last edited:

Snake

Reaction score
Still makes no sense to me, but I'm not you

image_zps5e5be7ee.jpg

jngreen

Reaction score
If I had to guess, I would almost bet that CFD had the motor put together by a machine shop. I'm just looking at the quality of the work that you can see, and if CFD built the motor I would think there would be problems with it by now.

mario a diangelo

Reaction score
The long and short of it is the owner wanted to do things that would make it unreliable and unstreetable as far as driveability goes, they ( SPE ) didn't want to do that an have their name on it. So he took it to Hillbilly Diesel so they can do the backwoods special on it.

:toast::clapping:

Latest posts

Members online