6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

02BigD

Reaction score
solidarity.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
I want my 45 minutes back... damn

This thread is typical of what is currently happening in many areas of motorsports. A handful of quasi enthuasiasts who like hacking up their own ****, thinking they are ready to run a business and get on the internet, then work on the publics stuff for money with the same hack job skills. These guys are everywhere, so why the OP took is rig this far for hack skills is well beyond me. I truly feel bad for the OP, but as PT said, a fool and his money are soon parted...

The courts are flooded with this crap of illegitimate businesses pimping on the internet. The internet enabled it and the internet is left to stop it.

The community needs to put this shop out of business. Carry on PSA..

i have absolutely no problem spending my money in good faith that quality workmanship is being preformed and i guess the bottom line is i was deceived into what their capabilities are. they talk the talk.. but their fab speaks for itself... does that make me a fool? probably this time :redspotdance:

Dan

Reaction score
Their boy Evan Moser is running around facebook trying to defend CFD. Got into it with me over a friend of mine's picture of their kit on his 6.7. Just told him to triple check the piping so he doesn't lose a motor to some crappy welds.

more importantly i would not run confederates tunes... i would look into running the tunes off of H&S Motorsports website under "calibrations" those tunes dont blow engines up

CATDiezel

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite blame tuning on rod bearing failure.... (Is this the right thread lol). I would blame it on low oil pressure from improper supply (probably too much) to the turbo first. Interesting non the less.... I would like to see the bearings to do a failure analysis on them. Just out of curiosity as I have no log in this fire!

Reaction score
more importantly i would not run confederates tunes... i would look into running the tunes off of H&S Motorsports website under "calibrations" those tunes dont blow engines up

He's writing his own tunes. I figure the north valley will get a fire works show either way.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 105

Dan

Reaction score
I wouldn't quite blame tuning on rod bearing failure.... (Is this the right thread lol). I would blame it on low oil pressure from improper supply (probably too much) to the turbo first. Interesting non the less.... I would like to see the bearings to do a failure analysis on them. Just out of curiosity as I have no log in this fire!

Unfortunately I do not have the old bearings

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score

Welcome back stranger!

Sent from the sea

Dan

Reaction score
I'm just going to leave this here: I am so done with these losers. After going back and forth via email about a refund, here is what it came to. Dealing with these guys has been nothing better than slamming your fingers in a car door and on the bright side, people can know exactly what they are getting into with Confederate Diesel even if it is on my dime...

Dan,
I have a policy that I will not be extorted by a forum smear campaign. I think you are a very good person and you have been mislead. Unfortuneately that does not change company policy.
I also do not return components for buyers remoarse.
We first need a clear path to 100% customer satisfaction.

The first step is me telling you that after all the trouble the frozen boost has caused me, the one you had to have. That item is functioning perfectly and will not be returned.

Next we need to go over all the parts you purchased and agree on the price you paid. You wanted no paperwork in the truck because you were worried about crossing the border. I emailed the receipts.
I also made a post with the prices clearly defined.
You need to post the receipts or email the money orders receipts you have paid. You did also pay with credit card.

We need a list online of all the defects to be corrected and also confirming what is correct.
The easiest way to do this would be to go back to my post with all of the prices post beside them in red bold text and state this is working fine or this is defective and please list a reason.

If that is too much work than I am sorry you have given me emails declining remedy and I have done this properly.

I do want to help, and if you want to do it the old faschion way I suggest you delete all 3 cfd turbo kit frustration threads by asking the mods on the forum to delete them, have the facebook thread deleted and we can move forward. And it would be less work. By no means am I demanding that you do that as you have every right to do it.

I am not concerned about the threads and the use of my company. It is the personal attacks, pics and info and the concern about how that affects my family.

This is however gotten very messy from you just calling me up and saying the turbo kit is not to my satisfaction I want to return it.

The other issue is you are now replacing my kit with a twin turbo kit. That is an upgrade. So how much of the decision is based on workmanship and how much is performance.

I can basically reuse most of your kit if it is removed carefuly. Keep that in mind as well.

If you decide it is in your best interested to share this email that is your choice, however I will in the future stop emailing you as I will take that decision as a sign it is more productive and your preferred communication is public.

Thanks
CFD

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I think he must of had help writing that. There was a lot of azz covering and blaming going on. Including personal. I doubt he even typed it. I would bet a legal assistant or legal background friend did it. He is not that smart.

Last edited:

sootie

Reaction score
i would respond with a rhetorical question...

what came first-the chicken or the egg?

"forum smear campaigns" as such, can be avoided by doing quality work in the first place, or in the event that subpar works slips by-at least make it right.

loboost

Reaction score
I think he must of had help writing that. There was a lot of azz covering and blaming going on. Including personal. I doubt he even typed it. I would bet a legal assistant or legal background friend did it. He is not that smart.

I doubt that...he spelled 'fashion' "fachion"....used than instead of then...lol

RedRice589

Reaction score
Hold upppp did that even make sense? How chitty they can salvage and resell if his kit is taken off carefully??? Fr frustrations sake I would send CFD a box of sewage with his turbo system in the middle...... That's a crock of SH@T to me remove all proof of how bad they're "kit" is so they can continue to rob people.

dieselflash

Reaction score
"If taken off correctly" is just their way of setting him up to say that it's not gonna be reusable and it's gonna be Dan's fault knowing them.

Latest posts

Members online