Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
In case anyone runs out.

In case you run out...

uvyqypun.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH I TOTALLY GIGGLED AT THIS!

This thread has to be the best thing I have read in a long time!

I'm just waiting for Justin to sue me for rushing him!
Or bringing down his "empire" monopoly or whatever else he has going on there!!!

12stroker

Reaction score
I'M sure he didn't mean that but I did find it funny that Confederate diesel guy here, with a black guy in his avatar, posts a picture if a rope.

Did your lawyer tell you to post that?

But It was racist to me I took offense to it. So then I could sue him LOL

Well I could hear him saying the south will rise again LOL

CATDiezel

Reaction score
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAH I TOTALLY GIGGLED AT THIS!

This thread has to be the best thing I have read in a long time!

I'm just waiting for Justin to sue me for rushing him!
Or bringing down his "empire" monopoly or whatever else he has going on there!!!

Man, I don't like my name being attached to this..... :doh: (Justin)

Anyways. Interesting you have had a rod bearing failure. Was it ALL rods or just some? Curious at that specifically. Something starved the bearings for oil. Even with tight tolerances on these engines. A properly pressurized bearing will withstand loads GREATER than the engine can physically handle for short bursts. Now with a previous damage....say from multiple start attempts with NO oil or LOW oil in the pan. I can see this being an onset of a premature rod bearing failure. Rod bearings are TOUGH ... I generally lol at the guys that get there bearings coated with super slickem stuff... lol again.

I cannot tell you how many engines ive seen with bearing failures FROM lack of prelube (big hp like 4500hp+) OR simply no oil and cranking the engine. The rod bearings ARE weaker than the main bearings on almost ALL engines. softer for sure. (although still hard) They will take more embedding than the main bearings will.

OH one more thing.... you could have had a pan full of diesel/oil to boot.... thats rough on bearings..... like brushing your teeth with 120grit sand paper!

Last edited:

Dan

Reaction score
Man, I don't like my name being attached to this..... :doh: (Justin)

Anyways. Interesting you have had a rod bearing failure. Was it ALL rods or just some? Curious at that specifically. Something starved the bearings for oil. Even with tight tolerances on these engines. A properly pressurized bearing will withstand loads GREATER than the engine can physically handle for short bursts. Now with a previous damage....say from multiple start attempts with NO oil or LOW oil in the pan. I can see this being an onset of a premature rod bearing failure. Rod bearings are TOUGH ... I generally lol at the guys that get there bearings coated with super slickem stuff... lol again.

I cannot tell you how many engines ive seen with bearing failures FROM lack of prelube (big hp like 4500hp+) OR simply no oil and cranking the engine. The rod bearings ARE weaker than the main bearings on almost ALL engines. softer for sure. (although still hard) They will take more embedding than the main bearings will.

OH one more thing.... you could have had a pan full of diesel/oil to boot.... thats rough on bearings..... like brushing your teeth with 120grit sand paper!

I have absolutely no idea what went on cause, well I was 4100 km away! Hahaha anyways what I thought it could have been was the "hydrodynamic wedge" that the oil forms did not suffice when added timing or whatever they did with tuning was thrown at it.. All I know is it was supposed to have rotella t6 in it at the time and well also a rod bent so yeah.. Apparently all rod bearings had skuffing and #3 was bent and spun the worse.. I don't know if this leads you into some inferences?

DHFF

Reaction score
Good lord I started reading this thread 2 days ago and just now finally got to the end. Having been on forums for years I've seen this sort of thing go down, but usually the shop/member in question realizes how bad they are ****ing themselves in the ass a little quicker. I have no ties to almost anyone or any shop on these powerstroke forums so I am just an outsider looking in. These CFD fellas have taken douchebaggery to an entirely new level. Props to you Dan for being so calm. I wouldn't be.

Latest posts

Members online