6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Dan

Reaction score
If the admin keeps changing my post dan they are going to ruin this dialect and any chance of remedy.
The code has to be accurate. Screenshots have to match up with the program we are running to track this.

The business is fine Steve. No one wants there money back except Dan.

Dan wanted his kit off and exchanged for a frozen boost setup 4 months later. that was way out of the 30 day window, we did it anyway and applied the money to this custom frozen boost HE HAD TO HAVE. So he is still under a lifetime warranty on the uppipes and headers for sure.
The frozen boost will never be returned because he had to have that big bastard.
He just realizes now it will not fit under the hood.

The piping we would gladly repair under lifetime , or return it.
That seems to be his only issue at this point.

Which is a far cry from being ripped off for 27000 as everyone claimed.

The man is currently running a Confederate Diesel 1000 hp engine with a lifetime warranty. That is a good deal.

BTW Dan we still need you to send in an address to send the warranty contract to.

to clarify. the piping is part of a turbo kit valued for 6000$ and i will be sending you the whole turbo kit for a refund of 6000$. this includes turbo, pedistal, air intake pipe, down pipe y pipe, turbo outlet pipe up pipes and manifolds. track that.

im sure you have my address on file.

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You keep asking for his break down.

I want to see an itemized break down from you guys, in this form

Item 1, price
Item 2, price
Item 3, price

etc.

original post from .org trying to resolve
If the .org would look at our track record we have addressed all customer complaints. Dan paid what was asked, inspected the truck all day at the shop, signed his paperwork and accepted delivery. Cfd offered and advised multiple solutions to remedy the truck, but installing twins on it was declined. Cfd found that the customer changed his mind at least once a week on what he wanted to be done and changed the build on a regular basis. We had no way to assure his satisfaction. We were not given the opportunity to remedy the situation. Dan is entitled to post about his experience. If it would have been moderated properly the truth could be told. I don't feel posting private messages, signed documents etc is professional. I would have asked Dan and allowed him to be truthful but I was overrun by an angry Mob. If you notice the customer is not perusing any remedy other than a bashing campaign because he signed off on all repairs before leaving and signed pictures.The man told us he was paid up and wanted his truck. We had no legal way to hold the truck until it was completely finished. We have facebook messages, emails and signed documents to prove this and Dan knows it. That is why he is not seeking any other remedy
This is for Dan's sake as well as mine. The lion's share of Dan's $20,787.23 dollar bill was for performance parts installed into a fully built engine. We offered to fix the bent rod and bearing for free. I paid for the crankshaft and oil pump that was scored with metal. I also paid the Ford dealer to install the engine, and it was discounted to me because of some coverage there. The performance upgrades installed in the engine Dan did pay for. They totaled $11,345.12. As far as the engine that is all he paid for. It would be a shame if other shops, and members allow him to be pressured into spending money to tear it down only to find it is 100% done correctly. I already said we stand behind the engine for 1000 rwhp. The rest of the bill was for the following parts. H and S dual fueler $2999.99. Traction bars $723.45 custom made for his truck by CFD. Upgraded driveshaft made with .125" wall 5" aluminum per Dan's request. 2 fass fuel pump systems one for each pump per Dan's request, one 15 psi 711.32, and one 60 psi 897.34. Dan requested a 50 gallon titan fuel tank from tian that cost 1198.43 with shield. That fuel tank also took up so much space it made installing all his other pump a bit constricted. The vent system on the tank along with the pumps was creating an airlock and on the way back from the airport after 3 hours driving we airlocked the system and had to pull the cap to reprime the pumps. At our shop dan drilled a hole in his fuel cap and then realized that caused a leak, so we bought him a new fuel pump and I had my tech run a new vent line free of charge. I believe during the vent line addition we disturbed the fass pump wiring and unknown to us it shorted out on Dan on the way home. This is just speculation because I had not had a chance to discuss that with Dan or see pics of the shorted wire. We installed 2 flexalite syclone 2500 cfm electric fans $389.76. We used the platic push through connectors provided by flexalite. I did drive with Dan who does enjoy jumping curbs and off roading, doing donuts etc. I believe that the mounting solution was not rigid enough for a "baja" desert racing application but would hold up on a street driven truck. We did have knowledge of Dan's driving habits before installation and it was our mistake that we over looked the fans. I would be willing to upgrade Dan to a more rigid mounting system for the fans if one is provided by Flexalite. Finally Dan requested the a frozen boost water to air intercooler be installed about 1 week before he picked it up. This requred custom battery relocation and totally repiping the turbo kit he purchased initially. The cooler was made by frozeboost and very large as seen in pictures. The cost of the kit, cable and materials was $798.67. We did not charge Dan for the piping kit to install the system because he was told Evan and I would be the welders and not our normal shops. Dan told me he did not care what it looked like only that it did not break. The pipe did break and we offered Dan to send it in so we could have it all remade by a professional shop and done properly. Dan said he wanted twins anyway and not to bother. I am very sorry the pipes broke as i said initially. Dan requested autometer cobalt guages with a 6.4 3 pod pillar. One fuel pressure, one boost, and one egt. The cost of these guages was $811.23. The final part Dan was charged for was a cp4 pump. His cp4 was weak and required replacement. The cost of the pump was 911.92 to us and we charged him at cost. As far as I know Dan is not complaining that any of these parts have failed or have broken. So the mob stating we ripped Dan off for 27000 dollars is just not realistic. Yes Dan did spent a large sum of money. This money was for parts only. If you notice there was no labor for any installation. This free labor was done as a courtesy because the turbo kit he initially paid for was too powerful for his stock engine. Dan was advised of that prior to installation and stated he is going to build the engine anyway. Even so I offered as goodwill to do the remaining labor on the truck at no charge. Dan's original bill for the turbo kit is not included here and was paid in march of 2013. Although the pipes that broke were not part of the original kit I did offer to warranty them because I know it was the right thing to do. Dan is also complaining about a 4wd hub growl. We showed Dan where his vacuum lines had rubbed through do to the 8" lift installed and the problems it was causing. I offered to correct it, but all of my techs were tied up that day, and Dan said he would take care of it later. As I stated earlier, Dan is not complaining about any of the items in this list as far as I can tell.
I hope this clarify's some of the information out there and is helpful to a 3rd party with little knowledge of the instance.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Oh I got this one Haddox! Here I'll post this and you can fill in the blank when you edit. CFD is a bunch of_liars, cheaters, scam artists, ****ty welders, did I mention liars?__________!

STROKIN N STYLE: Read below CFD tards.... see who edited it? Your posts haven't been touched. This train wreck was created by you, lit on fire by you, and your providing the oxygen for it to continue burning.

Last edited by a moderator:

Powerstroke Racer

Reaction score
Yup. Can't mask stupidity

Steve...at least I think your name is Steve. If I may, I would like to correct your post which you have presented as verified and factually based. Your post is worded much in the same manner as many of the posts on this forum and others. However, from my observations, it appears that you are a highly respected member of this forum, hence from other members viewpoint whatever you post is just automatically assumed to be fact.With your resources available to you, I would have thought you could have readily determined that I am not Justine Holder. I have register to this forum using an e-mail that actually contains my name. I am not at all forum savvy, but have notice that somebody has added the CFD in my signature and was able to figure out how to remove that. Since this is my first post to a forum it has taken me a little time to figure out the mechanics of it. I only joined the forum officially so that I could see all content such as pictures and awol postings and how the dynamics between forum members is exercised.

I do see how you may have assumed, perceived, deducted or whatever method that you determine as verified fact.

I am Marvin E. Holder and yes I am Justin's father. I fully expect to get all the jokes and smears resulting from this posting. So be it.

Whom ever you are, You obviously are new to the diesel gameLOL

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
Dan wanted his kit off and exchanged for a frozen boost setup 4 months later. that was way out of the 30 day window, we did it anyway and applied the money to this custom frozen boost HE HAD TO HAVE. So he is still under a lifetime warranty on the uppipes and headers for sure.
The frozen boost will never be returned because he had to have that big bastard.

Wait a damn minute...

Y'all had his truck 5 months...

YOU had his truck for 4 months past the 30 day window...

Not him, so he was out of the 30 day window?

Please explain how the *** that works.

Fordguy100

Reaction score
No sir. Wasn't speeding actually. Speedometers broke. (common issue on that year chevy). Might write me an inspection ticket for that being broke though!

I want to comment on this.

From 10 seconds to 21 seconds, the trip shows you went from 656.6 miles to 657.0 miles. Thats .4 miles in 11 seconds.

11/60 = .1833

.4miles / .1833 = 2.18 miles per minute. 2.18 miles per minute x 60 miles per hour = 130.9 miles per hour. Sure your local police might like to see that.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I want to comment on this.

From 10 seconds to 21 seconds, the trip shows you went from 656.6 miles to 657.0 miles. Thats .4 miles in 11 seconds.

11/60 = .1833

.4miles / .1833 = 2.18 miles per minute. 2.18 miles per minute x 60 miles per hour = 130.9 miles per hour. Sure your local police might like to see that.

nice catch!! what a liar!

BIG-P for the win !!!

Latest posts

Members online