6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Mpoage

Reaction score
please explain more about this evaporator.. is that the ac evaporator?

and is there a cab filter i can change to get rid of some smell?

and i learnt lots! hahaha this is the first truck i didnt buy parts and do the work myself
Yes he is talking about the ac evaporator. Sadly there is no cabin filter and the dash has to be pulled for the evaporator case to be taken out.

MorganY

Reaction score
please explain more about this evaporator.. is that the ac evaporator?

and is there a cab filter i can change to get rid of some smell?

and i learnt lots! hahaha this is the first truck i didnt buy parts and do the work myself

Evaporator. No cabin filters. Ford does use a procedure for these things using a bottle of A/C Cooling Coil Coating and spraying it against the core itself. I'm not much of a fan of that, if soot was actually getting into the evap housing.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Post number 18, third photo. I've seen rats do less damage than that.

Holy hell.

Dan, you are definitely going to want to have that firewall blanket replaced by custome auto. You can buy a replacement from ford.

Morg, you notice in that pic that there was what looks like a pretty knarly exhaust leak at the header flange? Guess those "awesome" CFD headers aren't so awesome lol

01PSD

Reaction score
Holy hell.

Dan, you are definitely going to want to have that firewall blanket replaced by custome auto. You can buy a replacement from ford.

Morg, you notice in that pic that there was what looks like a pretty knarly exhaust leak at the header flange? Guess those "awesome" CFD headers aren't so awesome lol

Everything that's just thrown together and not tested in the least bit is quality and reliable. LOL

Dan

Reaction score
Evaporator. No cabin filters. Ford does use a procedure for these things using a bottle of A/C Cooling Coil Coating and spraying it against the core itself. I'm not much of a fan of that, if soot was actually getting into the evap housing.

there is no question that soot, blow by and smouldering firewall hare all in that evaporator! and that sounds like quite the procedure!!! does anyone know the shop labor time to clean that out/ replace?:shrug:

Dan

Reaction score
Holy hell.

hahaha theres lots of little things "you notice that" things!!! ahahhaha and theres more to the story too... thats just the the turbo kit!!! other stuff that got screwed too haha

the the bolts that were used to bolt the headers down were only 30mm a (40mm bolt will fit in w/o bottoming) hence the 4-5 threads that were holding the headers down soon got pulled out, i think theres a pic of the pulled out threads somewhere in there! haah:joy:

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
Gotta hand it to you man, you're taking this like a champ. You may be the only person with the patience and bank account to deal with CFD like you have. I applaud you.

Oh and I'm looking forward to this build! Clean truck too.

Dan

Reaction score
IMAG0052-1.jpg

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
Just to think that they were on this site trying to prove their name and push their product pisses me off! How the hell could anybody let something like that go out their door, much less charge got it!?! :banghead::banghead:

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score

Hopefully they gave you your stock stuff back. Those "headers" have always been the biggest hack job pile of **** to ever grace the market. You can see in that pic where the tubing they use is noticeably smaller than the head port. Rather than matching each runner piece, they just try to gap fill smaller junk with a mig. Performance loss nightmare

Just to think that they were on this site trying to prove their name and push their product pisses me off! How the hell could anybody let something like that go out their door, much less charge got it!?! :banghead::banghead:

Sent from a Cummins plant, driving a TDI, wishing it was a Powerstroke

Exactly my thoughts. Remember all the "oh, that was our first kit we were rushed. All our new stuff is great" talk from them? Lol idiots

We have one of their old customers trucks at our shop now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Is that the 16 second truck with nozzles, dual fuelers and a single?

Dan

Reaction score
Hopefully they gave you your stock stuff back. Those "headers" have always been the biggest hack job pile of **** to ever grace the market. You can see in that pic where the tubing they use is noticeably smaller than the head port. Rather than matching each runner piece, they just try to gap fill smaller junk with a mig. Performance loss nightmare

Exactly my thoughts. Remember all the "oh, that was our first kit we were rushed. All our new stuff is great" talk from them? Lol idiots

Is that the 16 second truck with nozzles, dual fuelers and a single?

i think thats my truck...

Latest posts

Members online