6.7 CFD turbo kit frustration

Oil Field Trash

Reaction score
i am fully expecting this engine to pop and have to buy a new short block and do it again by a reputable engine builder (next time properly, with cut and coated pistons, big cam, valve job, ported heads and ported intake manifold) but for right now i have a "built" engine and im going to give this thing hell and cross the engine #2 bridge when i get there!

You Canadians are very easy going. And i can agree with the USA being lawsuit happy... that's why I would have burnt down their shop and kicks the owners teeth in, if I was in your shoes.

Blacknight

Reaction score
Wow this thread has been really helpful. I'm new to this forum but have been around others for a bit, and I was trying to decide who to go with for my turbo that just blew. I had it down to the only 2 folks I have seen advertise kits (SPE and Confederate) and now I wouldn't touch confederate with a 10 foot pole. Thanks for the constructive thread and sorry you had to go through all of this!

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
Wow this thread has been really helpful. I'm new to this forum but have been around others for a bit, and I was trying to decide who to go with for my turbo that just blew. I had it down to the only 2 folks I have seen advertise kits (SPE and Confederate) and now I wouldn't touch confederate with a 10 foot pole. Thanks for the constructive thread and sorry you had to go through all of this!

That is why forums like this exist. Information is key. Exposure is key. SPE will take care of you. Good folks.

PSA CEO

Dan

Reaction score
Please tell me you have a picture of the shack they work in. Or driveway, or apartment complex parking lot. Whatever it is

this is off their facebook page... :redspotdance:
945308_392941140822750_1865595343_n.jpg

Dan

Reaction score
You Canadians are very easy going. And i can agree with the USA being lawsuit happy... that's why I would have burnt down their shop and kicks the owners teeth in, if I was in your shoes.

hahaha, yeah i guess we are, theres really not too much to get worked up over though if you think about it!!, its just some piping that didnt really get all that thought out, and kicking peoples teeth in isnt going to solve it!! hahaha i have faith in custom auto! i realize everyones sympathy but honestly i dont really want it!! this thread isnt here for me its for you folks! its info, thats all !!

:toast:

Dan

Reaction score

im not steering you away from spe, but defiantly check out MPDs kit!! it looks real neat!!!:clapping:

strokersmoker

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Dan,

You have been misleading at best. You have posted pictures of work/parts that were never purchased from CFD. The kit in the pictures is not the kit Dan Originally paid for. The flex joint that blew was included in the original kit. That would have been replaced under warranty despite the fact Dan cranked the wastegate up further than we recomended, and of coarse the dual fuel was added after the fact all creating high backpressure, however we told Dan we would fix it.

As for the melted firewall blanket, well it wouldn't take a whole lot of common sense to stop driving and boosted launching the truck with an exhaust leak. Dan did not use any common sense and he is on his own as far as that goes.

If you want to know what Dan actually paid for and bought from CFD than have him post up a receipt.

The story Dan is trying to mislead people into is far from the true fact.

Reaction score
sub'd :popcorn: Oh and strokersmoker, I live pretty close to your shop and work with a lot of guys who have diesels. A majority of them live in the frederick/ washington county areas. I'm sure I can get the word spread about your shop fairly easy :toast:

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Dan,

You have been misleading at best. You have posted pictures of work/parts that were never purchased from CFD. The kit in the pictures is not the kit Dan Originally paid for. The flex joint that blew was included in the original kit. That would have been replaced under warranty despite the fact Dan cranked the wastegate up further than we recomended, and of coarse the dual fuel was added after the fact all creating high backpressure, however we told Dan we would fix it.

As for the melted firewall blanket, well it wouldn't take a whole lot of common sense to stop driving and boosted launching the truck with an exhaust leak. Dan did not use any common sense and he is on his own as far as that goes.

If you want to know what Dan actually paid for and bought from CFD than have him post up a receipt.

How would you know?

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
We can't keep the CFD dipshíts out of here can we? You're opinion is completely ***king irrelevant here. Y'all's work proves over and over again how amateur you are and no bullshìt story is going to help you here. I can't name one single member on this site who would let you change the chain on their bicycle so you can take that sob story somewhere else.

Dan

Reaction score
Dan,

yeah how about i get a recipe for the $27 500 USD i spent down there? even after i requested it at least 3 times?

are you trying to tell me because i got a "good deal" that excuses all poor workmanship?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.