6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

dseitler

Reaction score

Never will use a open air filter under the hood. Don't like sucking the dust and dirt into the engine compartment. Also don't like the noise inside the cab. IMO its a much cleaner filter system. I had the open filter on my 99 7.3 and the dirt would collect everywhere. From around the battery to the back side of the headlights. Also I think its a much cleaner look. Also living in FL the rains are a big problem down here.

dseitler

Reaction score
I have been running it up until Friday night. No.8 is the Man. I put it in during lunch today and it made a lot of difference. Ran out of time to shoot the videos but I will after work tonight.

gfulton

Reaction score
Never will use a open air filter under the hood. Don't like sucking the dust and dirt into the engine compartment. Also don't like the noise inside the cab. IMO its a much cleaner filter system. I had the open filter on my 99 7.3 and the dirt would collect everywhere. From around the battery to the back side of the headlights. Also I think its a much cleaner look. Also living in FL the rains are a big problem down here.

I can hook you up with a pre-filter if you are interested...water proof also

Last edited:

dseitler

Reaction score
Dan why are you in tow mode ?

Several reason. When we first installed the Turbo the tune was not done before so we went with what we had. The truck would barely produce boost and would smoke in every setup. Very hard to drive. That was all corrected within 24 hours. We agreed that we would stay on the Tow setting until we worked the tuning out. We have now tested 9 different tunes and 2 trans tunes and every one has been a step forward. Still only producing a max boost of 30 psi but not because the truck is not capable but there seems to be a electronic block at 30. I am not sure why but they are working at it every day.
The tune I am running now I wish everyone could experience. I know a lot of the guys on here have big power trucks but a lot do not. I really enjoy the testing and being a part of it. When it comes together its really something. When the truck hit second gear I can power through the stock 20" tires for about 12 feet. Chirp 3rd and be gone. I am getting more comfortable with the power and the way it comes on. Remember I am running stock bottom end and another reason to take it easy at first before going to the next level. still have a top end problem with the smoke but that will take care of itself when the boost comes up.
I want to thank Elite Diesel and the whole crew for working with me on this project. 1st Class

dseitler

Reaction score
Looks good.

Are you just matting the pedal off the line?

Yes just dropping the hammer. I think the 6.7 are at a disadvantage having the short 1st gear. I liked the 5 speed off the line better with the 6.0 or 6.4 I had shifting at 4350. I would be across the intersection in 1st gear. LOL

java

Reaction score
My dad's 6.7 with Elites GT3794 tow-power kit also makes 30 psi. That is with Gearhead tuning.

MorganY

Reaction score

Relocate that S&B to the trash can. Put a prefilter on it if you're worried about the dust. Water isn't going to get sucked in; there is a massive fender liner for that. It's making me cringe.

just for my own curiosity try running it with the intake filter we sent and see if it makes a difference please.

Yes. PLEASE.

Latest posts

Members online