6.7 GT4094 Powermax Turbo Install

dseitler

Reaction score
The first couple of tunes came from Matt. I was late in getting my info into Elite for my tuning. I used the GearHead tunes at first. I could not make over 30lbs of boost with the GearHead tune. With my stock turbo before the upgrade and dual pumps I could not make over 30lbs of boost with H&S, SPE or the GearHead tunes. There is something limiting the Duty Cycle on my 13 and has been from the beginning IMO. Could be wrong. Not sure if other 13's are doing the same. Didn't see any threads about it. Thanks

colecoop56

Reaction score
Ya it has something to 13s.That's why they don't get as good mpg or never dyno as high with the same tune that a 11-12 is running.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Ya it has something to 13s.That's why they don't get as good mpg or never dyno as high with the same tune that a 11-12 is running.

I used to feel like that, but now that mine has made 600 a couple times, I don't think that's an issue. I think the 13 is stock turbo limited.

colecoop56

Reaction score
I used to feel like that, but now that mine has made 600 a couple times, I don't think that's an issue. I think the 13 is stock turbo limited.

That makes me feel a lot better. I am just looking for a reliable 600-625 and I will be happy. Getting ride of my stock turbo is in the works within the next few weeks.

dseitler

Reaction score
I think the setup I'm running now with the 4094 is a awesome setup. Once we get past this programming issue this thing is going to be a animal. I cant imagine another 5-10 lbs of boost would be like.

MorganY

Reaction score
The first couple of tunes came from Matt. I was late in getting my info into Elite for my tuning. I used the GearHead tunes at first. I could not make over 30lbs of boost with the GearHead tune. With my stock turbo before the upgrade and dual pumps I could not make over 30lbs of boost with H&S, SPE or the GearHead tunes. There is something limiting the Duty Cycle on my 13 and has been from the beginning IMO. Could be wrong. Not sure if other 13's are doing the same. Didn't see any threads about it. Thanks

Why don't you get backpressure numbers from an analog gauge? That way your programmer can up the boost as long as the charger is still being efficient. Like I said, you're not gaining anything from increasing boost if backpressure is already 2:1

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Morgan,

The problem is that the command for more than 30psi of boost is present, but another limiter is holding us back.

MorganY

Reaction score
Morgan,

The problem is that the command for more than 30psi of boost is present, but another limiter is holding us back.

Ah. I have been under the assumption boost was not being commanded past 30psi from the file itself. I thought he was guessing on the possibility of having a limiter elsewhere being the cause. Thanks for the clarification.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online