6.7 turbo kit review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
So in short, what happened?

From what a gather from FB and the forums CFD sold this guy a kit, his mechanic put it on and it spooled horribly, the mechanic couldn't figure out why, and had issues with the install so the owner got frustrated and returned the whole kit. CFD found the issue which was a faulty compressor housing and sent Evan (one of thier techs) on a 2,100 mile round trip to install the kit. The kit is now on and the customer is taking his mechanics word that it is now fixed even though he has not driven it yet. Say what you will about CFD and there obviously junk original turbo kit and lack of forum skillz but that is some impressive customer service, in fact a highly doubt there is a single shop in the industry that would have done the same... just my take on the situation, idk if that is all fact or not.

Snake

Reaction score
Impressive customer service? The customer was about to sue them and they didn't do jack until they were called out on this forum.

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Guy sounds like a doosh to me. On top of that, there are a whole pile of competent vendors already on here that I'm sure are capable of mounting a box stock S366 on a 6.7. Who needs that drama?

01PSD

Reaction score
I highly doubt it was the original mechanic's fault, there's no way if he was a Ford tech (humor me LOL). There was a problem with the kit obviously and they should've never had to send a guy 2100 billion miles just to install it. LOL should have just given him a new kit

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Impressive customer service? The customer was about to sue them and they didn't do jack until they were called out on this forum.

Ha, had to skip back quite a few pages but you are right, I wonder what the story is there, did it go three months till the turbo was installed or was it shipped back to CFD and they just sat on it? Because a 30 day return policy is standard anywhere and if there was nothing wrong with the kit they didn't have anything to warranty. I think I saw in one of the posts sootboy said the guy wanted his money back which they didn't want to do, they would rather loose money to have him happy with his kit. Just playing devils advocate here. Don't ban me bro. LOL

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i saw "dirtbikepilot" was gonna mess with psa also. what a badass. guys on .dork are the real wrench turners.

Snake

Reaction score
Ha, had to skip back quite a few pages but you are right, I wonder what the story is there, did it go three months till the turbo was installed or was it shipped back to CFD and they just sat on it? Because a 30 day return policy is standard anywhere and if there was nothing wrong with the kit they didn't have anything to warranty. I think I saw in one of the posts sootboy said the guy wanted his money back which they didn't want to do, they would rather loose money to have him happy with his kit. Just playing devils advocate here. Don't ban me bro. LOL

LOL

I just didn't want you to get sucked in by their smoke and mirrors

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'm just curious because odds are, the same tech that went up there to "fix" it, is probably the same clown that threw the first junk kit the customer got, together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online