6.7 turbo kit review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike@MPD

Reaction score
Just a FYI the reason the kits are not out yet is because we are testing them on Our trucks before we release them to the public. This takes time and if you can't wait a few weeks to get the best possible product out to our customers then that is what it is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Crack85

Reaction score
This thread is pointless without any pics or real reviews of the actual kit that is being manufactured by cfd. Hell at least one pic would suffice. But nothin....at least in the other thread about a turbo kit you can see actual progress from said company that isn't producing a kit this yr.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Spatel23

Reaction score
Just a FYI the reason the kits are not out yet is because we are testing them on Our trucks before we release them to the public. This takes time and if you can't wait a few weeks to get the best possible product out to our customers then that is what it is.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Ding fing ding!

That's what legitimate companies do.
Test the products they manufacture on their OWN vehicles FIRST!

pog

Reaction score
Ding fing ding!

That's what legitimate companies do.
Test the products they manufacture on their OWN vehicles FIRST!

pft. send that shyt to the customer. they can get results for you on their own time .

3brorce

Reaction score
I almost bought a trusted RR back in the day haha.

Raymagee1985

Reaction score
I purchased a kit from confederate a few months ago they sent me the kit I went to have it put on and it was missing bolts confederate shipped some bolts and then my mechanic tried to install the headers which did not just bolt and fit like they are suppose to then he installed the rest of the kit.He went to test drive my 2011 power stroke it had a huge amount of turbo lag he noticed the weld was cracked on the intake we took pictures and sent it back to confederate they over nighted me a new one which they said it must of got messed up in shipping but the cracked weld had paint on the inside of the crack how that would happen I don't know we put a new one on and it was not any better the mechanic and confederate tried different things trying to make it work then we said we was just going to send the kit back and they would give me my money back so he took the kit off my truck and before we shipped it we took pictures of the whole kit incase there was something wrong we sent the kit back now they said they was not going to give me my money back because it was over 30 days from when I bought the kit which it has been its been about 3 months and that there is hammer marks on the turbo which I know is untrue because we took pictures before we sent it back so now I have 4k in a kit about 1500 in labor from my mechanic installing and uninstalling this kit and about 650 bucks in shipping and now I am having to get a lawyer to get my money back which he said will be no problem just time consuming so there is a little for y'all to think about before buying one of these kits!

Beans71086

Reaction score
I purchased a kit from confederate a few months ago. They sent me the kit, I went to have it put on and it was missing bolts. Confederate shipped some bolts and then my mechanic tried to install the headers, which did not just bolt and fit like they are suppose to, then he installed the rest of the kit.

He went to test drive my 2011 power stroke and it had a huge amount of turbo lag. He noticed the weld was cracked on the intake, we took pictures and sent it back to confederate. They over nighted me a new one which they said it must of got messed up in shipping, but the cracked weld had paint on the inside of the crack. How that would happen, I don't know.

We put a new one on and it was not any better. The mechanic and confederate tried different things trying to make it work. Then, we said we were just going to send the kit back and they could give me my money back. So he took the kit off my truck and before we shipped it we took pictures of the whole kit, incase there was something wrong.

We sent the kit back now they say theyre not going to give me my money back, because it was over 30 days from when I bought the kit, which it has been about 3 months and that there is hammer marks on the turbo. Which I know is untrue, because we took pictures before we sent it back.

So now I have 4k in a kit, about 1500 in labor from my mechanic installing and uninstalling this kit, and about 650 bucks in shipping. Now I am having to get a lawyer to get my money back, which he said will be no problem, just time consuming. So there is a little for y'all to think about before buying one of these kits!

I didn't want any of this to get lost in translation. Sucks to hear they got you to ray. Welcome to the site! BTW

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Ray I offered you a brand new kit. That kit is sitting here waiting on you to provide a shipping address. I am not going to refund the money 4 months later, when the mechanic lost bolts and banged up parts unfortunately. You are a nice guy and we definitely wanted to help. I overnighted parts to you and made other concessions already. The truck was laggy because your mechanic dropped a bolt down the valve cover and took it off and when he replaced it you had a boost leak blowing oil out.

I will make this situation right for you like I have said on the phone.
The kit is out of the return period, but all parts are still lifetime warranty.
I stand behind that 100% The turbo was a little beat up and the compressor cover had a casting flaw allowing boost to leak internally kind of like a blow off valve.
The turbo was dropped shipped from borg so I had no way to know that until we saw it.

I told you I would pay the mechanic for additional labor charges incurred to replace faulty parts.
I just need a shipping address of the new mechanic and confirmation the kit is installed to your satisfaction.
That was the deal when you returned the kit and everyone involved was made well aware of the policy.
Thanks for posting Sir and I hope we can work this out.

09stroker

Reaction score
I purchased a kit from confederate a few months ago and they sent me the kit. I went to have it put on and it was missing bolts confederate shipped some bolts.

Then my mechanic tried to install the headers which did not just bolt and fit like they are suppose to then he installed the rest of the kit. He went to test drive my 2011 power stroke and it had a huge amount of turbo lag and noticed the weld was cracked on the intake.

We took pictures and sent it back to confederate and they over nighted me a new one. They said it must have gotten messed up in shipping but the cracked weld had paint on the inside of the crack. How that would happen I don't know.

We put a new one on and it was not any better so the mechanic and confederate tried different things trying to make it work but we said we were just going to send the kit back and they would give me my money back.

So he took the kit off my truck and before we shipped it we took pictures of the whole kit incase there was something wrong. We sent the kit back and now they said they were not going to give me my money back because it was over 30 days from when I bought the kit which it has been its been about 3 months.

They also said that there is hammer marks on the turbo which I know is untrue because we took pictures before we sent it back so now I have 4k in a kit about 1500 in labor from my mechanic installing and uninstalling this kit and about 650 bucks in shipping and now I am having to get a lawyer to get my money back which he said will be no problem just time consuming so there is a little for y'all to think about before buying one of these kits!
For easier reading

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anybody else remember the "Money back guarantee" sales pitch posted all over the Internet by CFD about these kits? Maybe I'm confused. Sucks either way.

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anybody else remember the "Money back guarantee" sales pitch posted all over the Internet by CFD about these kits? Maybe I'm confused. Sucks either way.

30 days not 4 months steve
This kit would be out of SPE's 90 day warranty even.

We paid shipping back and forth the whole time. Ray did pay the last time to ship the entire kit back.
If he paid 650 dollars I would like to see that receipt.

I will still pay all the labor or fly a guy down to install a kit on this truck if that is what it takes.
This kit is going on that truck.

kit was purchased on April 2nd, 2013.
We received the kit back in mid July, more than 100 days after purchase.

Last edited:

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Lol doesn't sound like it. Think the guy wants his money back which if your parts never fit or worked as advertised, isn't to unreasonable in my mind. Especially since he stayed in contact with you through the ordeal and you've had to supply items that were left out prior to shipping, broken, etc.,

sootboy

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Lol doesn't sound like it. Think the guy wants his money back which if your parts never fit or worked as advertised, isn't to unreasonable in my mind. Especially since he stayed in contact with you through the ordeal and you've had to supply items that were left out prior to shipping, broken, etc.,

The parts were not installed correctly Steve. No one else complains of lag.
Yes compared to stock it has lag, but that was all explained up front.
We never said spools like stock or close to stock.
The parts or engine can't have a boost leak.

I really want to work this out with Ray.
I will do it here on the forum.
It is going to be tough without being a vendor because I can't post all the pics and info we have to support our side.

That being said, this is not about who was right or wrong, this is about what is right for the customer, and fair for both parties.

I am asking Ray for one more chance I will pay a shop or send a mechanic to his house to install the kit on his truck. I know he will like it once it is installed properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online