600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

young7.3

Reaction score
Haha, there ain't chit in Wichita. We drive through there to get to our farm in Kansas.

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
yea 3/8 is a 6-an.. you need a 90* angle one right with 3/8 in and 3/8 out??

is there a tractor dealership close to you?? They might have a good one.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Just thread another IPR in and run a 4 line system. Do away with that whole crossover pipe and get that ICP in check.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Go to an AG equipment dealer - most of them have fittings and hoses rated at 5Kpsi operating, 15Kpsi burst - and you can't tell me you don't have them around. My local Deere dealer pretty much made every hose on the top of my race motor. Oh - and I never ran that balance tube - 4 line output with a cross over hose.

mandkole

Reaction score
Being in the hoser business, most adapters in the hydraulic world are forged and come with 'ANIHC certification'. The males are typically are good. The issue is the shatty female swaged swivel nut on the adapter. Try to plumb your swivels on the hose coupling end. Go to a Gates distributor and tell them you want the -6 fitting with the full back nut. It has full hex machined nut-- will impulse at 5000 all day long and spike higher.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll check John Deere today. Ditch witch, AGCO, Furley Coop, Kubota, and Roberts truck center all only had either straight fittings or a different size.

Why couldn't I run a line from each pump to each head. I wouldn't need a crossover line would I? The oil rail would balance the pumps wouldn't it?

Anybody ever seen the water pump leak for a minute and then quit? Mine leaked a gallon and then quit. Hasn't done it since. Any input on that? I've never seen that one before.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Anybody ever seen the water pump leak for a minute and then quit? Mine leaked a gallon and then quit. Hasn't done it since. Any input on that? I've never seen that one before.

Yes. My dads did that after I swapped the SD front cover and water pump onto his obs motor. Started leaking like a siv so he bought a new one to install. Then it just quit. That was over 2 years ago and hasn't leaked since.

The only thing I can think if is the water pump had been sitting, not used, for a year or more.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have a few good pumps. I'll toss one one.

OK so here's my TO DO list to get done by the season opener at the track next weekend.
Wastegate
Change hpop to 4port feed
Replace water pump
New chip/tunes
Fill N2O bottle
Have BTS go through the trans (won't get done)
Weld the bungs into the intercooler pipe for the nitrous and water meth
Hot retorque the studs
Reseal the fluidamper

Should be a good couple hours worth of work. LOL

Latest posts

Members online