600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yeah, sometimes that spacer comes off of the balancer and says on the crank.

Glad your up and running.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
It never quits. It just never quits. Got it started alright. Yeah. No oil leaks either. Instead, now it just squalls like a mother. Looks like I'll be making another trip to O'Reilly's in the morning. :fustrate:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
New water pump, new idler pulley, new damper, new tensioner, new whole entire mother****ing engine, and now it's squalling. Awesome.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
ok.... if that is the case , it sorta sounds like it(im on my phone), take your belt off and spin the ac pump pully both ways... it might sound ljke the bearings are shot.... if it is indeed that, hose it down with some break cleaner and spin it both directions, hit it with some air and repeat the process till it smooths out...

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If it is the a/c can he get a smaller belt to just bypass it for now?

if its just started then its just a bunch of dust and crap thats settled in it... my 01 drove me insane for a few months... ran my hand under the pulley after i sprayed it off and a ton of crap was coming out of it. so i hosed it down with break cleaner and it hasnt made the noise sense... just like i mentioned in my other post.... ended up doing it to my girls exploder, brothers truck and brothers girlfriends sport track.... dont know if its just coincidence or not but that a lot of coincidence.

live life full throttle

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
New belt got rid of it. That isn't my issue anymore. Now the damper is back to leaking like a siv! New seal, new damper, new everything. What the heck!?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Glad you finally got the leak fixed. What a cluster!! You guys travel safe man. Hopefully you can get a decent nights sleep before you hit the road!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah I'll get some sleep after I get home from work, pack, change the oil on both trucks, and load the truck and 4wheeler onto the trailer. I'm still worried though. Its a pretty unproven truck.....

Latest posts

Members online