600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Replaced the seal and reinstalled the damper. Didn't fix it. Pulled it off and found it had chewed up the new seal. Got a new seal coming and getting a new damper next day mailed to me. Hopefully I get it all done Friday and it works.

DocBar

Reaction score
Replaced the seal and reinstalled the damper. Didn't fix it. Pulled it off and found it had chewed up the new seal. Got a new seal coming and getting a new damper next day mailed to me. Hopefully I get it all done Friday and it works.
Good luck, Chris. Hope it all works out. I should get the Swamps IDM today or tomorrow. I will let you know how it does. I'll probably be putting my bigger sticks in this weekend and I'll let ya know how those act,too. I will be sending my chip back to Matt, too.

TARM

Reaction score
Chris,

Did you get the rough running or miss it had resolved or did it sort of resolve itself?

Is the only current issue the front seal oil leak?

I had contrib and buzz test high open codes plaguing me for a long time. Ended up being at least in part the IDM. Could never get a clean buzz test even with fresh injectors from Nate. Swapped out the IDM for an old one and got successful test and a clear contribution test where I was getting 3-4 fails before on both tests. Wierd thou as they were a mix of different banks for cylinders.

Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Right now my only issue is the oil leak and crap damper. The swamps IDM is doing great. No issues. My rough running is from the oil getting aerated. I think. If I let it set a while and run it again it's fine. Normal driving it's fine too.

Strokersace

Reaction score
Right now my only issue is the oil leak and crap damper. The swamps IDM is doing great. No issues. My rough running is from the oil getting aerated. I think. If I let it set a while and run it again it's fine. Normal driving it's fine too.

Glad that IDM is working for you. I've got a fluidampr on mine too and now that you mention it, when we pulled the motor a while back it looked like it had a leak from the front main. I'm going to have to investigate that before the motor goes back in.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah. I have to hand it to Ryan (strokersace). He's the one that gave me the IDM and also a set of bags for the rear suspension on the Excursion. It was just like, "Oh I have some of those. Here ya go." It was pretty cool. I'll have to replace them, but it was awesome him having them already and offering. Made life easier on me.

Strokersace

Reaction score
No worries Chris. Glad I could help. It's not like I was using them right now anyway. Timing was great. And its not like you didn't have 9,000 other things to worry about!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty pissed right now. It doesn't want to go on. Can't keep the engine from turning to get it to tighten down. Looks like I'll try a wedge of wood between the bell housing and flex plate. Hopefully that stops it. But even then I still need a longer belt. Anybody have the part number or belt length?

Bustedknuckles

Reaction score
Well I'm pretty pissed right now. It doesn't want to go on. Can't keep the engine from turning to get it to tighten down. Looks like I'll try a wedge of wood between the bell housing and flex plate. Hopefully that stops it. But even then I still need a longer belt. Anybody have the part number or belt length?

Can't help you on the belt but you can get someone to hold a pry bar or big screw driver in the teeth of the flexplate to keep it from turning. It doesn't take much, ive had our 110 lb office girl do it before. LOL.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Got it to stop moving using a C-clamp. Instead of turning the ****ing engine over, the mother****ing bolt strips out. Now not only is the bolt stripped, I can't get the ****ing thing back out! FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
The big ****ing bolt that clamps the sonofabitch down onto the crank. I think the ATI is ****ed up. I had the damper on and off 6 times checking for burrs etc. I even took the oil pump off to check and didn't see a thing. I don't think they machined the ID of the damper to the right diameter.

Latest posts

Members online