600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
yea.. BUT it would be funner to break your time you wanted to beat by going bigger by still be fuel only. If you dont then did you really gain a thing?

Milford

Reaction score
That sucks Vander, but like everybody is saying, its not bad for its first run without being live tuned and having a Chinese turbo.
Good luck with it all!

mattman347

Reaction score
From the smoke it looked like you were running a 300/200 injector and not your 400cc ones so I would say Matt should be able to give you more fuel. It was nice talking to ya!

young7.3

Reaction score
Not sure you remember me but you gave me and my girl friend a ride in the truck at la quinta. It was nice meeting you, and for what its worth the truck felt really strong!!!

Sent from Prestige Worldwide headquarters!

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
From the smoke it looked like you were running a 300/200 injector and not your 400cc ones so I would say Matt should be able to give you more fuel. It was nice talking to ya!

well with that being said, i would say air is not the problem one bit.... evidently it was cleaning it up a bit matt?

live life full throttle

mattman347

Reaction score
It was running cleaner than I would expect a 400cc injector to so it still could be the tuning was not calling for it. Air could still be an issue once he get more fuel. I know my truck still has some smoke on top in my hot tune with the 350/200's and the .74 jet but it got me in the 11's.

Attachments

• photo-53.JPG
    photo-53.JPG
    354.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Thanks guys! It was nice to meet you too! And yes I remember you. Lol!

Yeah from the videos its cleaning up to a grey haze before even half track. Definitely needs more fuel. Calculator says I put down 550hp. I put down more with the 250/200's.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score

Yeah from the videos its cleaning up to a grey haze before even half track. Definitely needs more fuel. Calculator says I put down 550hp. I put down more with the 250/200's.

cool... so more fuel then fallowed by more air then maybe a shot of giggle gas?

live life full throttle

Blowby

Reaction score

You're going about it the right way. Just step up conservatively until you hit you projected goal. More power available for sure but take your time to make sure all the little things that pop up shaking out a build are addressed before you let her eat.

JoeDaddy

Reaction score
From watching it at the line I would say it left and 60'd decent because it hooked. After and before the 1/8 it had trouble cleaning up then VROOM to the finish. Your time sheet backs that up. I still know very little about turbos but won't the gate take care of this?

Latest posts

Members online