600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Chvyrkr

Reaction score
I wonder if you'd like a 1.15 better.

And I'd bet money your factory sensor simply quit. I think I paid less than 50 bucks to set up a mechanical gauge, including braided stainless line, at the hydraulic shop in town.

1badpsd

Reaction score
81/87 with a 1.28 housing.

I ran a best of 12.78. Its choking a little on each shift. Mostly on the OD shift. Now I have an issue though. It stays running just fine, but oil pressure light is on and factory gauge shows 0. Not sure what's going on.

Broken lifter hold down possibly? I had a truck do that, idled smooth and would fire right up. Guy had broken the hold down and blew both lifters out on the #4

Groomzybanshee

Reaction score
81/87 with a 1.28 housing.

I ran a best of 12.78. Its choking a little on each shift. Mostly on the OD shift. Now I have an issue though. It stays running just fine, but oil pressure light is on and factory gauge shows 0. Not sure what's going on.

Have you put injectors in recently and not
Changed the oil?

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with this housing I think. It will have lower drive pressures for when I spray it.

Last night strokersace and dirtboy25 were with me. I was kinda thinking maybe it was just the oil possibly. Yes I have changed it recently, but you go doing 10-12 track passes with the demands dual pumps and 400/400's put on the oil, and I think shearing is becoming an issue. This morning I started it up and it's working perfectly. I'm going to change the oil and see what happens.

I need to install an actual pressure gauge. This factory on off switch isn't cutting it. I think what happened was the oil sheared bad enough that when I'm hot lapping it (rushing to get done before the storm hit) the oil gets too thin for the lpop to keep up. It obviously keeps up just enough to keep the truck running, but not enough to keep the resivour completely full. Which is how these trucks read oil pressure.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Off the subject, I want to sell these dual pumps and get a stealth billet stage 3 single pump. I would love to not have to deal with the headaches of a dual pump. Simple, easy, clean, single pump. No more oil leaks and less space taken up in the valley of the engine. It would help keep things cleaner looking too.

Reaction score
Off the subject, I want to sell these dual pumps and get a stealth billet stage 3 single pump. I would love to not have to deal with the headaches of a dual pump. Simple, easy, clean, single pump. No more oil leaks and less space taken up in the valley of the engine. It would help keep things cleaner looking too.

Stealth billet pumps take up just as much space in the valley. FYI... I was really surprised how big they are the first time I had to work on one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I don't know about surging, but I think I need higher shift points and a little less fueling down low. Normal driving in 2wd at half throttle and like 10-15psi I get a freaking 3rd gear scratch. There's too much fuel I think down low. I think I need to bring everything up top. Get some more volume through that turbine housing and make that big bitch work. More volume and hotter gasses. I ran a 12.78 at around 7700#. This is bull****. I have more fuel and more air flow so why am I still making 600hp? I need to quit dicking with it once every other month and actually spend a week working on getting it right. The components are there. I just need to make them work together. I know my turbine housing is too loose for 600hp, but I have the fuel to work that turbo into drive pressure issues. Why can't I? I'm not getting a tighter housing. I'll figure this out.

bad12jr

Reaction score
When you get tired of it. Just go ahead and drop it off in my yard I don't mind.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I got your VM this this morning. Sounds like you just need to tweak your combo in some..... with both computer and mechanical tuning.

Low oil pressure: what dual pump setup are you currently running? Where is the oil dump for it? Do you have any axillary oil feeds for your reservoir?

Bump your shift points up.

Are you monitoring your boost and back pressure at these points where it "chokes out" - I'm betting you just lost your drive pressure and are stalling the charger - hence why you need to bump you your shift points. A tighter housing would also help a little bit. Gate it for nitrous.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Delo 15-40

I have stealth dual pumps. One dump to the resivour and one to the top of the resivour but going down the front cover and not directly into the resivour. I do have an axillary feed line.

I emailed Matt for some higher shifting tunes.

I do have a gated mount but it's not installed. I want to leave the looser housing to control bp better later. You're right though. Not enough drive pressure. I'll try these new tunes and see what happens. I may try to get some fuel pulled as well. It has coal freaking black smoke the whole way down the track.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Let me try some new tunes first. I might even spray it too. I'll run it this weekend amd see what happens. First thing though I need to get that oil issue worked out.

jngreen

Reaction score
I think I would get it running on fuel first before I put the nitrous to it.

Blowby

Reaction score
The nitrous will multiply the power and also multiply the problems not resolved. Be safe!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Tomorrow I'm trying 3 new tunes, data logging, and reporting back to Matt. He will make changes for me for Friday. If all goes well on fuel and I get what I want, I'll spray it. I am going for fuel only first. Now, that being said, the nitrous bottle is full......

Latest posts

Members online