600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna install the wastegate this week or weekend after I get a couple other trucks fixed. Then after I spend a weekend at the track getting the wastegate set up I'll load a hotter tune. I emailed matt today. Also have someone else wanting me to try their tunes. I'm getting it there. Just need time.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Good meeting you Chris.

From the smoke it looked like you were running a 300/200 injector and not your 400cc ones so I would say Matt should be able to give you more fuel. It was nice talking to ya!

This is what I was going to say, keeping in mind the turbo you were running it didn't look like 400cc's of fuel.

Burnouts for dayz? Or clouds of flour for hours?

LOL

Gearhead

Reaction score
Why is 70 to high if I my ask?

I have seen fuel go away on some injectors running higher than 65 psi. I am thinking that the fuel can force its way under the intensifier piston and cause the injector to hydrolock and thus not deliver fuel as well.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
BTW matt, vanderchevy sent me what your opinion of the SCT tuner, thanks for keeping me from making a big mistake!!!

Derail over...
Did you adjust pressure and if so what improvement did it make? Not doubting a recommendation, just curious about ramifications...

Blowby

Reaction score
I've ran everything from 45-75 psi. My truck likes anywhere in the range of 58-62 psi so take if for what it's worth from a low post count member.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll play with it when I get time. No rush right now. I can't go to Indy so its a daily driver right now. I'll get all the stuff done that I need to in the next week or so. I'll go down to 50 and work my way back up. The wastegate is my main concern right now.

The wastegate is a Synchronic. Anybody have any experience with them to give me some insight on setup? Which springs, which port to hook into, etc. I've never used one. That would be appreciated.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I have seen fuel go away on some injectors running higher than 65 psi. I am thinking that the fuel can force its way under the intensifier piston and cause the injector to hydrolock and thus not deliver fuel as well.

Thanks Matt. Was wondering what it was. I have myne set at 65 ans was thinking about trying 70 but i guess i will not now...

I've ran everything from 45-75 psi. My truck likes anywhere in the range of 58-62 psi so take if for what it's worth from a low post count member.

Who are you?? Do you even know what a 7.3 is?? :poke: ;)

I trust you experiences!! After all you do a lot with these 7.3!!

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Tossed on an s482 with billet wheel and race cover. Sounds sweet. Runs pretty good. Little laggy but still very driveable. Gonna see what it'll do tomorrow at the track.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
81/87 with a 1.28 housing.

I ran a best of 12.78. Its choking a little on each shift. Mostly on the OD shift. Now I have an issue though. It stays running just fine, but oil pressure light is on and factory gauge shows 0. Not sure what's going on.

Latest posts

Members online