600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

Short Bus

Reaction score
Pump your brakes, take time to dial it in. I understand your frustrations, been there done that. Your this far don't blow it up now.

neverkickn

Reaction score
I will be in Hutch tomorrow through Friday. I would like to see this thing run but I doubt I will be able to break away. Good luck getting it dialed in.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'll make sure I have it right before I spray it. I'll have a bunch of datalogs on different tunes this afternoon. I'll have the tuning right and then if everything looks good I'll spray it.

mattman347

Reaction score
Going down to a 1.0 housing will do wonders for your black smoke. You have a gate set up on the mount already so if you are going to spray it later just get the gate on there.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Diesel Deal? What's that? I'll have to look into it if it's this weekend. I would rather go to that than my local track. The only problem is the wife has our F-350 and gooseneck in Colorado to haul all the 4wheelers. I won't want to pull my truck on the little car trailer behind the Excursion all the way down to Tulsa.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Hey matt. Which ports did you guys use on your waste gate and what psi? This style of gate is weird so I don't know for sure how I'll need to set it up.

mattman347

Reaction score
I have not even set up the gate yet on the drag truck so I'm in the same boat as you!! Its just on there right now... We are only running 468 on there now anyway...

Reaction score
What gate do you have again?

I've gone through the last 10 pages looking and didn't see it, but I know I remember seeing you post it somewhere in this thread...

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
Yeah oil pressure goes on and off with the rpms. It goes down at an idle, up between 1000 and 2500 rpms, and back down after that. The high rpms are the injectors sucking it down and the pump not keeping up. Yep. I didnt get off work till 6pm and I have to get up at 3:50am so I'll slap a new one on tomorrow and resume testing.

Reaction score
Synapse diaphragmless. 45mm???

I did a little bit of research on them. I've never seen or messed with a Synapse gate before. From what I see, I would hook up boost reference to port C (second from the bottom) and regulated boost reference to port B (second from the top) just like we do on all other wastegates. These are both the larger surface area ports to open and close the gate.

The other two ports are small surface area ports. I would assume you can use those also if you can't get enough control from the two larger surface area ports, but I think you'll have enough pressure to open or close the gate whenever you need to without a problem just using the two "large" ports.

Rideracelivemx7

Reaction score
Chris ive read all 71 pages on this bad boy. youve sure had some ups and downs but your getting close. Im in to see the results as well, im kind of int he same boat as you, have the turbo and fuel to make good power but its not. Waiting to data log and send some data. Best of luck and thanks for sharing this.

907DAVE

Reaction score
There isnt much to fail in an oil pump, seems like there is bigger issues.

Did you change the oil yet? Any chance you cut the filter open to take a peek?

Latest posts

Members online