600hp was fun but boring. Going bigger!

85_305

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
is what they are trying to say is shut the *** up and read.... i already gave them **** about the weather and it has been stated that its NOT going to happen till better weather arrives and even then it will be a hand full.. all you do is add to yourself getting banned again or permanently when you spout off like you have...

a simple subbed for video or in for video would have been sufficient...

you already have a target on your back from the other bs that you have done on this forum so everyone is ready to pounce at the stupid chit you do on here.
live life full throttle

Alright

OK. Let's put the retarded conversation behind us.

Deal

Interested in hearing the rest of the build.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Well I'll put it this way. The 250's may be a bit safer than 300's, but the 300's are more likely to let you hit your goal. 500 is a good number though. I promise 600 isn't that much better. If your truck is a toy and you don't mind tossing another engine in whenever it blows, then do what I did. But if you need your truck stay at 500. Its a good number and a lot safer than 600. Most people at that level worry so much about blowing up their truck that its not fun anymore. There are 3 things that I tell people and they never ever believe me until they do it and find out. 1- A BTS transmission will change your life or at least completely change your entire truck. 2- Except for a BTS, the SRP-1 will be your favorite mod of all. And 3- The perfect HP level for one of these trucks is 400-500hp. No smoke, smooth, plenty of power, and usually pretty reliable. Less than that is doggy. More than that is usually a pain in the ass. Not discouraging you. Just trying to make sure people who may be in that situation being inspired by this thread know the facts.
do you have a specific hp goal this time or are you going with whatever the new setup will make..

but for a dd, what i have read and searched and been told that is exactly why my dually is staying where its at with maybe a better smoke free tune or a procharged/compound turbo setup.. would love it to be 500hp absolutely smoke free.

live life full throttle

kilapapipa

Reaction score
Watching the storms lately and wondered what you've been up to down there, LOL.

Now I know, :D

Do you have a bigger garage now or you still blue tarping it? I actually thought you might stop at 600 but good for you.

Your right, 500 is enough for most. My rebuild is 2 years old now and I'll be dammed if I want to tear it apart anytime soon.

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I have the 40x60 at the farm place a mile down the road, but its very inconvenient. I'm building a new 30x90 here at the house. Till its done though I either take stuff down the road or pull it half way in my 2 car garage.

New alternator installed and the battery light went off. How bout that? LOL

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
What the hell? I put a new alternator on it and the battery light even went out. I went inside for a while so it could warm up, came back out, and its completely dead again! I tried putting a ground wire on directly between the battery and the alternator and that didn't work. New alternator didn't work, voltmeter is working, I have new batteries, fuse is good, everything works, what am I missing?

Last edited:

Addicted4

Reaction score
Voltmeter batteries while running and then on the back of the alternator to make sure it's putting out the correct voltage. If alternator is putting out 13.8-14.5 and batteries are lower check cable from alternator to solenoid then to batteries

Addicted4

Reaction score
What voltage is coming out of the back of the alternator?
And the batteries? While running?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Check the grounds down low on the block are tight. Glowplug relay stuck closed?

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

vanderchevy18

Reaction score
I'm gonna smack my helper upside the head next time I see him....... He connected the starter relay for me and put the alternator wire on the wrong side of the starter relay. It would only charge while the starter was engaged and obviously the starter was running the whole time it was running because the alternator was running it. Wow.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.