All I got to say..

Charles

Reaction score
You can pick up a 6.4 from 800-1200 depending on if you want it with turbos and fuel system or not, get a BigStuff or other stand alone (600-800) or just use the factory ECU and Harness (300) weld up some motor mounts or get the whole front clip off of a wrecked 08-10. Its not rocket science nor hard to do. To a 7.3 to do what that block is rated to you could build and entire 6.4 swapped truck. Its not a unlimited MOD puller its a street truck. Besides you cant argue that its easier to make power with a 7.3 than it is with a 6.4. One chits the bed on stock hardware at 500 the other at 1200.

Anyone considering a CGI 7.3 block is building an engine so far out of the league of what you just described it's not even worth trying to explain it to you any farther.

If you can't understand that a person that would utilize a CGI 7.3 block would be just as well off with a briggs 5 as a 6.4 powerstroke then just give up.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Anyone considering a CGI 7.3 block is building an engine so far out of the league of what you just described it's not even worth trying to explain it to you any farther.

If you can't understand that a person that would utilize a CGI 7.3 block would be just as well off with a briggs 5 as a 6.4 powerstroke then just give up.

LoL in a wad about it I see, I guess you didn't read correctly anything I said.

Its a STREET TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Why cant you have a 2000hp cgi cr 7.3 (in theory) street truck 6.4 guys say its possibe for them everyday.. Lol i know i know it costs alot. But again if you got it it doesnt matter..

Charles

Reaction score
LoL in a wad about it I see, I guess you didn't read correctly anything I said.

Its a STREET TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!

A person actually contemplating a CGI 7.3 block has no use for putting that engine on the street, nor for whatever amount of power a 6.4 powerstroke can make at ANY amount of money invested.

Hence why your attempt to compare the cost of a CGI 7.3 block to a 6.4 longblock is apples to oranges. The 6.4 is of NO USE to a person trying to make that kind of power. No matter how many millions of dollars you do or do not spend on it. To date, there is no evidence to show that they could compete at the level where a person looking at a CGI 7.3 block is making power. Or really even close.

You might as well compare the cost of a billet TopFuel block to a 6.4 longblock out of a junkyard. It wouldn't matter if the 6.4 engine actually put money INTO your bank account.... it's not going to do you any good if you're trying to run 300+mph in the 1/4 mile.

Apples..... oranges....

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Why cant you have a 2000hp cgi cr 7.3 (in theory) street truck 6.4 guys say its possibe for them everyday.. Lol i know i know it costs alot. But again if you got it it doesnt matter..

I'd love to see someone try to drive a 2000 hp anything with wheels daily. My point was if its your daily driver your better off going another route not that this motor is better than that motor and so on.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
A person actually contemplating a CGI 7.3 block has no use for putting that engine on the street, nor for whatever amount of power a 6.4 powerstroke can make at ANY amount of money invested.

Hence why your attempt to compare the cost of a CGI 7.3 block to a 6.4 longblock is apples to oranges. The 6.4 is of NO USE to a person trying to make that kind of power. No matter how many millions of dollars you do or do not spend on it. To date, there is no evidence to show that they could compete at the level where a person looking at a CGI 7.3 block is making power. Or really even close.

I guess you didn't see the OP's first post, this is his daily driver not a sled truck or a drag truck "hence" why everything you keep getting red in the face about makes no sense in this matter.

Charles

Reaction score
I guess you didn't see the OP's first post, this is his daily driver not a sled truck or a drag truck "hence" why everything you keep getting red in the face about makes no sense in this matter.

A CGI block and his daily driver have nothing in common. Anyone but a complete tard already knew that.

If you really thought he was serious about putting that block in his daily driver then I give up.

ToMang07

Reaction score
oh_wait_gif.png

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Yea the Whole cgi block thing was a joke. Actually the bedplate was a joke too that started when someone make a comment about Wanting to spend money.. After I actually considered the bed plate untill i added up the build sheet.. Lol

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
Yea the Whole cgi block thing was a joke. Actually the bedplate was a joke too that started when someone make a comment about Wanting to spend money.. After I actually considered the bed plate untill i added up the build sheet.. Lol

Yeah I know, a bed plate would however be a good idea for a hot street 7.3 IMO.

TARM

Reaction score
those two vid clip are so perfect its not even funny. LOL

MD,

Do you plan to have the block at least partially filled?

After what they found with Charles engine after the blow HG and a couple others I seem to recall it might not be a bad idea at all to reconsider that bed plate if you can at all swing. I think even @ 600 HP there were signs of main walk and that was with a girdle IIRC. I do not think I would spend all the money to build one of these engines to this level and not do a bedplate + partial fill. I have zero experience in building a 7.3 to handle power but I can sure read what others with that experience have found. I understand at some point you can only spend so much money and you have to have some point you stop at. I am just not sure the parts that keep foundation solid is the place I would want to draw that line just short of.

Last edited:

Charles

Reaction score
My engine had significant capwalk showing after a couple years at low to mid 600's with a filled block and a girdle.

Of course that included towing heavy where I was sometimes north of 60lbs of boost, south of 2000rpm. Plus the engine had a few spurts over 90lbs of boost on it too.

I wish I had a bedplate, but I don't plan on tearing this engine completely back down..... so, I'll probably see the main registers in hell before then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online