All I got to say..

spongebob915

Reaction score
My engine had significant capwalk showing after a couple years at low to mid 600's with a filled block and a girdle.

Of course that included towing heavy where I was sometimes north of 60lbs of boost, south of 2000rpm. Plus the engine had a few spurts over 90lbs of boost on it too.

I wish I had a bedplate, but I don't plan on tearing this engine completely back down..... so, I'll probably see the main registers in hell before then.
So is a girdle even worth putting in if everything still moves? I was thinking about getting one . I wont be near 90 lbs of boost but should be in the 600hp range..

Charles

Reaction score
So is a girdle even worth putting in if everything still moves? I was thinking about getting one . I wont be near 90 lbs of boost but should be in the 600hp range..

Without the girdle, I'm pretty sure my crossmember would already have a couple dents in it.

DocBar

Reaction score
Is there anything tuning can do to help minimize the cap walk? I'm running a non-filled block with a girdle.

907DAVE

Reaction score
Yup, keeping CP's in check will help reduce this. Just your engines way of trying to tear itself apart.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Yea im waiting for hypermax to call me back about the modified oil pan.

I'm not sure they have one for a factory style oil pickup. To the best of my knowledge their setup was setup for a dry sump. So there is likely some pretty interesting modifications that might need to be done to get it to work with a factory front cover and oil pickup tube.....

Swamps setup however would work easily and is intended to work with a factory oil pickup..... just something to think about. It might not be all that expensive after all...

ParkerFly

Reaction score
I'm not sure they have one for a factory style oil pickup. To the best of my knowledge their setup was setup for a dry sump. So there is likely some pretty interesting modifications that might need to be done to get it to work with a factory front cover and oil pickup tube.....

Swamps setup however would work easily and is intended to work with a factory oil pickup..... just something to think about. It might not be all that expensive after all...

:whs: I was thinking there was something about Hypermax's that made it not so cheap in reality.

4.0l sahara

Reaction score
I'm temped to get a swamps bed plate for my build. Just so much money for a block of steel. I wish it was more like 2k. Oh well gota pay to play.....

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
568b00f0.jpg

cc1fe431.jpg

2e5bd5a2.jpg

568d064f.jpg

b4a9f0e3.jpg

b80b6db1.jpg

Latest posts

Members online