Any 401/Rhode Islanders...?

Ronin

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure you more then nailed it on the head. I 100% agree lol

Sad but true...I find myself continually embarrassed by this state on an almost daily basis, and it's a shame 'cause we have plenty of good things going for us...oh well...

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Plenty of good things except for linc the stink chafee. And Sheldon Whitehouse. And that abortion Patrick Kennedy.

And lots of other bad things but that would fill pages and pages. Lol

Ronin

Reaction score
Got another recruit for this coming weekend! He has a 6-leaker (hee hee), '05 I think, nice kid, but a little delusional...

SICKS LITER is gonna have to set him straight...he figures he's "puttin' out around 600 RWHP" with a canned tune on a Diablo Trinity...with just intake/tune/exhaust and NO studs... LOL 'Cause that's what the display says.

I shook my head and said "No dude, NO."

Reality's about to be a real b!tch!

baderic03

Reaction score
Got another recruit for this coming weekend! He has a 6-leaker (hee hee), '05 I think, nice kid, but a little delusional...

SICKS LITER is gonna have to set him straight...he figures he's "puttin' out around 600 RWHP" with a canned tune on a Diablo Trinity...with just intake/tune/exhaust and NO studs... LOL 'Cause that's what the display says.

I shook my head and said "No dude, NO."

Reality's about to be a real b!tch!

haha yea good luck with that we will see on dyno day

Ronin

Reaction score
haha yea good luck with that we will see on dyno day

He's likely gonna come up about 200 HP short! He knows that he needs to stud the motor, but didn't seem completely up to speed on EGR and oil cooler issues...didn't even mention a FICM tune/upgrade; I didn't wanna scare him too bad!

I'll be running my Gearhead Street tune and my buddy will be running his Spartan 275HP tune, so that should be a good comparison. I'd be happy to be between the 500-550 mark, I'm thinking he'll be higher. No sense in running hotter tunes just to show off on the dyno, we're gonna run on the dyno what we do on the street...

Ronin

Reaction score
haha yeah 600rwhp with a stock injector 6.0 would be nice, maybe he thinks he has a 6.4???

No dude...he "knows"; but you and the other 6.ohs are gonna need to school him. I told him about the build I did on my 6.0 Excursion years ago but my info's a little dated...

It's gonna be a hoot, looking forward to checking out your truck!

jdc753

Reaction score
haha yeah 600rwhp with a stock injector 6.0 would be nice, maybe he thinks he has a 6.4???

haha sure would be nice to have easy mode like the 6.4 guys

So he "KNOWS"... I wonder how much money he would bet on that, I would put down money he can't break 400.

Ronin

Reaction score
diablo doesnt even shut the EGR valve off lol

That's part of the problem; people think that canned tunes are "safe". They're generic and you can get far more performance and reliability (EGR) with a custom tune from someone that actually knows what they're doing like IDP, Gearhead, etc. I'm not saying that Diablo doesn't know what they're doing, but generic tuners like them, Superchips, Edge, (etc.) don't offer a fraction of what the pros can. It's just funny when you hear people run their mouth about their out of the box stock tuner and insanely unrealistic power numbers (like 600 RWHP out of 6.0 with just an intake/tune/exhaust)...

Ronin

Reaction score
That was a blast dude! Would have liked to stayed but I was (1) real happy with my numbers and (2) starving! The turnout was crazy...gotta do that more often. Too bad that kid with the "600 RWHP" 6.0 bailed, I was looking forward to his reality check!

jdc753

Reaction score
That was a blast dude! Would have liked to stayed but I was (1) real happy with my numbers and (2) starving! The turnout was crazy...gotta do that more often. Too bad that kid with the "600 RWHP" 6.0 bailed, I was looking forward to his reality check!

Dang I musta missed ya, we didn't get there till later. Sounds like some good numbers though!!

Ronin

Reaction score
Dang I musta missed ya, we didn't get there till later. Sounds like some good numbers though!!

There were definitely some people there glad to see us go... LOL Can't wait for the next go round!

Ronin

Reaction score
i wanna see your truck with matts big tune in the truck

Talked to Matt about it, he's thinking the downpipe and CAC pipe helped make the difference. (Although my Spartanized buddy's truck has them too!) I needed a good baseline before I get into what's next for the motor/tranny...thinking out a mild/conservative build since it's a DD and I tow a bit.

We'll see about running the hot street/race tune...I want to stud/delete the motor on MY terms; when I want to, not 'cause I have to!

Thanks again Eric, you know how to (diesel) party!

Latest posts

Members online