Any 401/Rhode Islanders...?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Damnit! I wished I had joined and seen this thread earlier. I would have killed to go to the dyno day seeing I live right in Somerset. I have a modded 6.4 that I would love to get on a dyno, never mind at a dyno day right down the road. Anyone have any pics of the event?!?!

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Damnit! I wished I had joined and seen this thread earlier. I would have killed to go to the dyno day seeing I live right in Somerset. I have a modded 6.4 that I would love to get on a dyno, never mind at a dyno day right down the road. Anyone have any pics of the event?!?!

Pics of your rig! Hahaha

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Ask and you shall recieve!... Even though this maks me sad. 3 weeks ago some asshole hit my truck while I was having dinner on a saturday night, so when I came out to leave I was greeted by a hit and run accident which hit the front passenger side of the truck. Luckily the bumper took 90% of the hit and I just had to get a new headlight and fender. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll be getting a new bumper yet... it takes the wind out of your sails when you spend money on something making it nice and someone comes along and destroys it on you. We will see. Besides the bumper, this is how the truck sits with 160k miles on the clock.

1082-1.png

1106-1-1.png

1144.png

1134.png

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Ask and you shall recieve!... Even though this maks me sad. 3 weeks ago some asshole hit my truck while I was having dinner on a saturday night, so when I came out to leave I was greeted by a hit and run accident which hit the front passenger side of the truck. Luckily the bumper took 90% of the hit and I just had to get a new headlight and fender. I'm still debating on whether or not I'll be getting a new bumper yet... it takes the wind out of your sails when you spend money on something making it nice and someone comes along and destroys it on you. We will see. Besides the bumper, this is how the truck sits with 160k miles on the clock.

1082-1.png

1106-1-1.png

1144.png

1134.png

That is a sweet rig! What do you do for work?

160k on it is impressive. Any issues? What's done to the motor?

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Thanks man. I work for a company in Freetown, MA called Letourneau Corporations. We are a land clearing company that specalizies in Right of Way clearing for natural gas and crude oil pipelines. As for the motor, right now its got the basics... Full EGR system delete with intake elbow, CCV mod, S&B intake, Airdog 2, H&S tuner and I think thats about it for now. I just ordered the cold side IC pipe and I'm knee deep right now into figuring out what I want to do with the engine when I get some free time. My plan is to do headstuds/gaskets, Elite or Go Go intake manifold, Elite up pipes, double Bat's, ported fuel rails, injectors and HPFP. I have not bought anything yet for my build as I'm really in no rush seeing I dont have ANY free time to do any of this work. So I'll probably start collecting parts slowly and just figure out a time when I'll have a week free and go for it all.

The engine as been 100% bullet proof for every single one of those miles (knock on wood). It's never puked/blown HG's, never had turbos fail, never had any HPFP or injector issues.... I literally mean nothing as ever gone wrong. This is a big reason on why I want to build it because it seems I have a luck 6.4l thats stayed together pretty well!

baderic03

Reaction score
Well if you wanna dyno just pm me I can get you on the dyno. I have never seen your truck around either

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Now that I'm on here I'll try to make it to the next dyno day. We work out of state alot, which is where I am now, which is maybe why you have not seen me around. I try and come home every week or every other week while we are working. I actually grew up in Warren near Kickemuit Middle School, I lived there until I was about 19.

GreenMachine

Reaction score
That truck is gorgeous for sure in a regular cab. I've been searching high and low and it is impossible to find one used for sale. xl, xlt, whatever doesnt matter they are not anywhere for sale used in a regular cab 6.4

jdc753

Reaction score
That truck is gorgeous for sure in a regular cab. I've been searching high and low and it is impossible to find one used for sale. xl, xlt, whatever doesnt matter they are not anywhere for sale used in a regular cab 6.4

Sure ain't easy and if you are to find one it will be beat to hell. Worst part is back when I was shopping around the 6.4's were just showing up on the lots and a regular cab was close to the price range of what I paid for my crew cab but I was unsure of how the new motor would turn out :axe:

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Sure ain't easy and if you are to find one it will be beat to hell. Worst part is back when I was shopping around the 6.4's were just showing up on the lots and a regular cab was close to the price range of what I paid for my crew cab but I was unsure of how the new motor would turn out :axe:

Yeah exactly the ones I do see are insanely priced. Like 29k. Some of these dealers are morons. I can find. A loaded crew cab 6.4 for 25k and they want 29k for a xlt regular cab. Insanity.

If anyone around new England knows of one for sale be sure to let me know lol. Betsy is getting upgraded. My 2000 will be for sale soon and I wanna move up to a 08. The 95 I have is becoming my work truck as soon as the restoration is complete.

Ronin

Reaction score
I spent over a month before buying my truck...and ended up driving 1K miles to the OC Welch Ford dealership in Hardeeville, SC when these local clowns (Ford, Dodge and Chevy/GMC) didn't want to deal. I walked away on an '11 diesel Denali over $500 and had Tasca try to sandbag me with an over 2% higher APR than they originally quoted me. The internet is your friend...

GreenMachine

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. Ones a auto which is too expensive for me and the other seems reasonable but is a manual.

Oh well.

Tasca blows. Bunch of butt pirates if you ask me. We flew to dade city Florida for my buddies 08. They picked us up and treated us well. The deal was great compared to how much Tasca was trying to get for a used cc 08.

muff

Reaction score
I'm on the southern border of ct/ri..looks like there's a few guys around here. The Diesel Shop in Preston, CT is having a dyno day on July 28/29. Should be a good show, I know I'm excited to get mine back on the rollers..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.