ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Wonder what the new outlet size is and how much port volume was cut out of it. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all!

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Wonder what the new outlet size is and how much port volume was cut out of it. Sounds like there is a light at the end of the tunnel after all!

the outlet on the manifolds are still 2.5'' but the new flange necks down to 2''
im going to try to so some testing on a 6.0 soon

-C2FC-4F90-A8D7-50F99E843A06-3610-00000250A817661D.jpg

Reaction score
I believe that he uses the old v-band size to reduce costs since he probably has plenty of them. The inside of the manifolds are much tighter than the last ones. I think that they will prove good on the dyno.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
The actual size/volume of the new manifolds have also been reduced. Seems Leen has done his homework this time!

He's had some help lol, but he is absolutely willing to make all changes necessary which is a great thing. Maybe ill try the updated ones after all.

PTSUPERD

Reaction score
He's had some help lol, but he is absolutely willing to make all changes necessary which is a great thing. Maybe ill try the updated ones after all.

I cant lie. I'm impressed by his willingness to tweak his product.

e.nickkk

Reaction score
Leen does go the distance to make everything right i'm also impressed with how he's handling everything.

Still waiting to here how the new manifolds did

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
my opinion, is i dont think it was ever about he willingness to tweak his product.

i just get the feeling, that he used the public to r&d his product, much like ford did.

ya he did the general testing, and the math, then released it.

and is now currently playing catch up when his manifolds dropped the ball, in a rather large way.

you know the saying, any publicity is good publicity.

dont get me wrong. he picked that ball back up and is running rather well with it so far, just think that he shouldnt have had to pick it up in the first place.

steedspeed

Reaction score
my opinion, is i dont think it was ever about he willingness to tweak his product.

i just get the feeling, that he used the public to r&d his product, much like ford did.

ya he did the general testing, and the math, then released it.

and is now currently playing catch up when his manifolds dropped the ball, in a rather large way.

you know the saying, any publicity is good publicity.

dont get me wrong. he picked that ball back up and is running rather well with it so far, just think that he shouldnt have had to pick it up in the first place.

I designed the first manifolds in good faith and at considerable effort. Having built prototypes I had "Powerstroke Connections" do the testing. They reported that they worked very well and from what I could ascertain at the time I had no reason to doubt them. Also, I had recieved and still get very good feedback from several other customers after the first batch were built and sold. I still get very good results from several customers so I don't know why some people have a bad result and some do well. If you could see how much effort and work and time and money goes into making a product like this then you might begin to realise that we are not "using the general public" for R&D. We do our honest best and try to provide a superb product from day one and never sell anything we aren't sure of. We have the greatest respect for our customers time and money and we especially didn't want anyone to have to go to the considerable effort to install our product if they were not going to see a gain that would put a big smile on their face.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i know what kind of r&d goes into a product like this. and the time and money it takes to design and release something like this.

also, im not a "member of the industry". no real desire for go fast parts for myself. but i like to read, learn, and stay on top of whats new, whats working, whats not, why, when, where, who. etc etc etc.

but if you were to read this thread from start to finish, or for the people who have been following it such as myself, thats how it reads/comes off.

steedspeed

Reaction score
i know what kind of r&d goes into a product like this. and the time and money it takes to design and release something like this.

also, im not a "member of the industry". no real desire for go fast parts for myself. but i like to read, learn, and stay on top of whats new, whats working, whats not, why, when, where, who. etc etc etc.

but if you were to read this thread from start to finish, or for the people who have been following it such as myself, thats how it reads/comes off.

Did you not see the thread where I had the first prototype tested quite extensively by Powerstroke Connections?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Leen what did you see on the engine dyno as far as gains? Spool up, hp, torque, egt, boost,etc. Thanks

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i remember that thread. i just re-read it to refresh my memory. if by quite extensively, you mean two dyno runs, i must be confused with what extensively means. or was there other testing that was done, but the results were not post worthy?

that was the one that started where the "testing process" and validity of powerstroke connections results got flamed pretty hard and the resulting numbers questioned, your argument with dockboy, and ended right when bigr was getting ready to go on the dyno.

the result of which, was pretty much the start of this thread. he lost power and spool. which was backed up by 08BIGRIG's results. also in this thread.

though not so big of a loss, which was speculated as a result of him not coming from the 6.0 mani's, but the 6.4.

now, for me to say that bigr's truck is a "real world" test truck, i cannot. that truck is about as far from real world as you can get. one off and custom best explains that truck. doesnt change the fact that it lost a considerable amount of hp.

its a fair assumption to make based on the results shown so far, that the "CURRENT" batch of manifolds that are out that have been tested, in what would be considered a valid test, lost power. it was proven by numbers and pretty lines in graphs.

it is also a fair assumption, that your doin everything you can to redesign with the needed modifications, to make the improvments needed to meet the goals you boasted have already have met. people bought this product expecting the results claimed, and turns out you changed some design internally to your manifold for the production run and apparantly it backfired on you. (i remember reading that somewhere on here, im sure someone a little more search savvy than me could find it if you feel im wrong, i looked but could not relocate it.)

now you have paired up with tadd, and a few other shops, to make this thing live up to the hype AFTER it was released, instead of before.

how much of that was inaccurate?

not trying to sound like a dik, just stating what it all reads like.

and another question. how did you and your testers, not test your manifolds against the others out, before release? if you think about it, solely based on the tests provided, your manifold didnt out produce a stock manifold. 6.4 or 6.0, with the 6.0 being the current go to, manifold wise. having the background you have stated rather clearly in your linked thread, you would think that was obvious pre-release step to take. you dont seem like the kind of guy that desires to make a product that fits somewhere in between other products.

also, i re-read my last couple posts, and i come across kind of dikish. thats un-intentional. just throwing that out there. inflection is hard to get across through type.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
My silver truck is very real world. That's what the testing was done on. It drives every single day. My green truck has no testing , but we will swap manifolds once th motor goes back together , we have a ton of data for before so we will see the changes. On that truck we just can't establish anything from previous testing to say they were affecting power good or bad. But I sure felt good having those big manifolds with the huge boost.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Any numbers from the engine dyno with the new batch of Steed Speed manifolds for the 6.4 Ford's? Where is the testing at with these if anyone knows with the engine dyno. I never heard anything after my testing results with these.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.