ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
What the graphs show is slower spool up with basically lower hp up to the point of intersection. The lines intersect basically at peak hp level when they are equal. all other numbers are lower across the sweep with the steed speeds. The 131ft lbs is interesting though. Did you happen to data log boost and pyro numbers?

I saw that too. It coulda been a foot on the brake , it usually is when the numbers jump like that , or the load came on a little quicker. Either way they are not doing anything to help the power band. Something just isn't right.

blk350on20s

Reaction score
Someone send him a set of 6.0 manis and pipes. Sucks to see all the hard work done and no payout. Manifolds are a nightmare and i wish them on no man lol. 6.0s were tough. I can only imagine the beefiness of a SS. Hopefully the engine dyno gets both an old set and revised set of SS.

Reaction score
You can't really say that there is no pay out. He did claim to have more torque. There was probably lower egt's as well. The problem is that the power is slower to come in, which for street driving makes the 131ft lbs a moot point when you have to stab the throttle harder to get it! This design may actually make more power for a pulling truck where spooling speed is not important and all out high rpm performance is key. They may work well with a big single and 4500-5000rpm. But unless someone with that setup is able to dyno and compare, we will never know.

superstroked

Reaction score
You can't really say that there is no pay out. He did claim to have more torque. There was probably lower egt's as well. The problem is that the power is slower to come in, which for street driving makes the 131ft lbs a moot point when you have to stab the throttle harder to get it! This design may actually make more power for a pulling truck where spooling speed is not important and all out high rpm performance is key. They may work well with a big single and 4500-5000rpm. But unless someone with that setup is able to dyno and compare, we will never know.

This was my thinking too.

mike@haller's

Reaction score
The torque is relevant to the rpm in a dyno run. So unless you start the run from the exact same rpm and exact same boost number. your torque will be different by a small amount every run. 130ft lbs is a totally moot point in my opinion.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
NEW GRAPH COMING WITH RPM AND THE FIRST TWO TORQUE NUMBERS WITH STOCK MANIFOLDS.

widieseltech

Reaction score
graph

dyno2.png

HEY GUYS HERES JERRY'S (08BIGRIG) UPDATED GRAPH THIS SHOWS RPM AND I ALSO ZOOMED IN ON THE GRAPH MORE SO YOU CAN GET A BETTER PICTURE
SHOWS BOTH TORQURE CURVES ALSO.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Ok guys so now looking at this graph. The steed speeds lost both hp and torque now that we can see the original graph with torque from the first stock manifold dyno runs. So they did not pick up ANY power but only lost it. Glad the boys at Performance Diesel went back through and looked at the runs this morning and called me to straighten this out.

So now there is no power gain and what I feel on the street is shown on a graph.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Glad you cleared that up! It wasn't making any sense to me with the previous chart.

I'm picking the new manifolds up today. Tests to be done quickly I hope.

Reaction score
Yep, I hope when we can get this new set we can get some proof somehow that they at least perform somewhat better than the stocks. I will not be able to give comparison dyno numbers unfortunately. Hopefully leen's engine dyno work proves fruitful.

Thanks to jerry for all the hard work.

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Glad we got this fixed as well as it was driving me nuts trying to figure this out. So basically to conclude this all, my test and dyno numbers support what Mike D was seeing.

2 test and dyno numbers both dropping torque and hp.
Really happy was got this behind us.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
Adding a little more info. Mike's uppipes had a 2.5" inside diameter elbow coming out of the manifolds and then transitioned to 2". Jerry's had 2.25" elbow that transitioned to 2". Might explain why his loss is not as great as mikes.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.