ANYONE have good results from the Steed Speed Manifolds yet?

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Jared's truck does run really nice and spool quick. I rode in the truck and seen it first hand. I think his truck builds great power and quickly. Should be interesting to see some comparisons of a few different manifolds here in the future.

Reaction score
Come on guys quit your bickering! Jared and Ron will have their chance for a hp war soon. Lol.

The trucks are identical....except for the manifolds, uppipes, jareds has 60%, nozzles rons has 30%, jared has a spearco, Ron is stock intercooler, and tuning is gonna be different as well.

I haven't rode in jareds truck yet, but Rons is comparable there is NO turbo lag whatsoever.

I think jared may make more power. But it will not be because of the manifolds, so the comparison has nothing to do with this thread.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Come on guys quit your bickering! Jared and Ron will have their chance for a hp war soon. Lol.

The trucks are identical....except for the manifolds, uppipes, jareds has 60%, nozzles rons has 30%, jared has a spearco, Ron is stock intercooler, and tuning is gonna be different as well.

I haven't rode in jareds truck yet, but Rons is comparable there is NO turbo lag whatsoever.

I think jared may make more power. But it will not be because of the manifolds, so the comparison has nothing to do with this thread.

I guess Ron needs bigger injectors and a Spearco to make a test relevant. Also need to be running same tune to gauge the value of the hard parts.

Reaction score
Yes it would need a couple of things. But I think that it probably will not happen as we just put the 30's in and I think that 60's will be too hot for towing. Also Ron does not have a wastegate, jareds truck does.

The only true way of comparison is before and after in the same truck and nothing else changed.

steedspeed

Reaction score
Yes it would need a couple of things. But I think that it probably will not happen as we just put the 30's in and I think that 60's will be too hot for towing. Also Ron does not have a wastegate, jareds truck does.

The only true way of comparison is before and after in the same truck and nothing else changed.

So pretty much completely different trucks then.

redneck

Reaction score
I've spent all week trying to gather feedback to try and get a clear picture of what is going on. Some customers have fantastic results and some have just a good result but not really huge gains that they can feel, more lowered egts and better fuel mileage. Mikes truck managed to lose power yet others feel a huge improvement in throttle response. It seems to me that the VGT turbos have a big say in what is going on and also I have noticed that the guys having good results are not using wastegates. I'm going to rely more on feedback on non vgt trucks to gauge the effectiveness of the manifolds themselves. I'm also making some different designs this weekend to see if they change anything.

I have the engine out of my truck right now and have a ton of work going into it. Its a 07 Ford 6.0L How are your results lately and have you gotten anything more positive lately? I have upgraded pretty much everything you can and this would become my final touch. Its to bad I wont have before and after numbers to gauge it against. I think I am going to do it and give it a shot but any feedback you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks,

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Leen never responds when I ask him how the new updated versions are. I have not heard anything as far as how the new manifolds do number wise and they were going to be tested on a engine dyno months ago. I am not sure why they have not posted any numbers for gains seen, but I find that a little weird. Dont you?

redneck

Reaction score
Hmm well I will see if I can get ahold of someone on Monday. From what I have read the single VGT set up seems to work ok. I think the guy doing all the work to my truck is going to try them as well so maybe we can get it onto a dyno before and after

B585Ford

Reaction score
Leen never responds when I ask him how the new updated versions are. I have not heard anything as far as how the new manifolds do number wise and they were going to be tested on a engine dyno months ago. I am not sure why they have not posted any numbers for gains seen, but I find that a little weird. Dont you?

You need to clean up your PM inbox. I am being told it is full.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I know tadd did some intial testing with 6.0 or 6.4 manifolds and was going to swap manifolds and do another test but i think he's a little busy with everything else they got going on. I would like to see some more data... engine dyno would be ideal

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.