Anyone interested in a DYI Billet 66mm OBS-E99 Kit

always-strokin

Reaction score
Is that dyno proven?

Not saying I dont believe you but I've seen in other threads where other turbos actually lose hp w/ the 1.15 housing

NRHX2009

Reaction score
In terms of peak hp and matched with a large set of injectors, yes a 1.15 will provide the most hp. If your running stock injectors, I surely dont suggest a 1.15 housing, a 1.00 will be just fine.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Just to throw my hat in the ring here for a review. I have this setup fromJames, and couldn't be any happier with it. For what it is this turbo is amazing. My list starts with this turbo, 1.15 housing, springs, pushrods, 250/200 hybrids, a very healthy hpop, matts tunes for these injectors, 650 valair dd, and of course exhaust, intake, and the other supporting mods. It is very responsive, and pulls up very smooth on boost. Will say she is a screamer though. First overall impressions were good, and only getting better with the more I drive it. Can only run it on the street tune for my max due to it building an easy 36-38 psi. On the race tune, i tried it once. Saw 44 psi all to fast so that setting is a no-no for now untill the 468 goes in. This is a very solid product for any of you that are interested, and I'm sure that we will be selling alot more of these as it is a nice option for those that don't want to spring for a big money turbo (aka sleeper). Good job on this one James. You have a very happy customer here, and we will be getting more of these as we sell them. I know I have already given a few guys an oh chit hang on ride, and they were sold. :rockon::demon:

always-strokin

Reaction score
Nice review bud.

Outta curiosity does it spool any faster than stock tp38?

Is your chip burned for the 468 or the stock turbo?

Do you have factory fueling? Or is this on the SD in your sig...

NRHX2009

Reaction score
Adam, Thanks for the great feedback and I am glad you are happy with it.

-- James

Just to throw my hat in the ring here for a review. I have this setup fromJames, and couldn't be any happier with it. For what it is this turbo is amazing. My list starts with this turbo, 1.15 housing, springs, pushrods, 250/200 hybrids, a very healthy hpop, matts tunes for these injectors, 650 valair dd, and of course exhaust, intake, and the other supporting mods. It is very responsive, and pulls up very smooth on boost. Will say she is a screamer though. First overall impressions were good, and only getting better with the more I drive it. Can only run it on the street tune for my max due to it building an easy 36-38 psi. On the race tune, i tried it once. Saw 44 psi all to fast so that setting is a no-no for now untill the 468 goes in. This is a very solid product for any of you that are interested, and I'm sure that we will be selling alot more of these as it is a nice option for those that don't want to spring for a big money turbo (aka sleeper). Good job on this one James. You have a very happy customer here, and we will be getting more of these as we sell them. I know I have already given a few guys an oh chit hang on ride, and they were sold. :rockon::demon:

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Nice review bud.

I wouold say it spools just as fast as the stocker. It will start to build boost by 1400, and by 2k I can have it at full song. Chip is burned for the stocker for now, and yes it is the sd in my sig. Just about done gathering parts for my twin pump setup so that should keep up, and even it out.
Adam, Thanks for the great feedback and I am glad you are happy with it.

-- James
Lovin' it man. You are defineatly onto something with this one. Like I said I know we will be ordering more of these after the few test rides I've given in mine.

always-strokin

Reaction score
Outta curiosity... how will this turbo handle stock injectors temporarily?

I ask because I"m doing supporting mods before I install the big injectors, so I'm curious to know how this 66mm turbo will handle the mild excess smoke I have currently? I'm going to assume it will eat up all of or most of the remaining smoke that my custom tuning puts out and turn that into a few hp increase, no?

OldschoolPSD

Reaction score
Stock injectors aren't enough fuel to see a difference changing turbos, but my guess is that this turbo would light off just fine with them.

Marty

Reaction score
Nice review bud.

Stock exhaust wheels and housings are so small the difference is probably negligible like a 38r style turbo. Technically it might be a hair slower but we're still talking tiny shafts and small wheels. The difference would be 1400 rpm vs 1450 rpm lol.

To answer other peoples questions... your can run S366 and H2E style turbos on stock injectors so I'm sure this is no different. They all spool it just fine, it will run out of fuel on top though and you won't see a noticeable power gain until you add fuel.

Marty

Reaction score
Also to add to that, it's not that you need big injectors to "spool" a bigger turbo. You'll just make less boost/power when the turbo can not be pushed any further due to lack of fuel.

I've driven around a 475 on stock injectors.... it "spooooled" just about the same if not BETTER then the 300/400's.... only difference is once that wheel starts spinning it's moving enough air to completely clean up stock injectors with like 12 psi of boost LOL.

hiniker88

Reaction score
I've been running this upgrade for awhile now. With stock injectors I am seeing about a 100 degree egt drop. Pretty much the same boost as stock. It definitely builds boost faster. Cannot wait to throw a little more fuel at it.

Latest posts

Members online