B Codes, Not a Noob post

TyCorr

Reaction score
Nice numbers. I love my B codes. I have never drove a 7.3 with hybrids so I can't compare but don't plan to make the change. Some day I will try to crank the dial up but I need a lot more engine work done to hold real power.

Did Zane ever post dyno numbers. I recall reading he was running a basic OEM BD code with 200% nozzles installed?

I doubt you'd ever notice a difference. People went on about injection ratios in yesteryears. That was when we had twins, gen3, or stock. Now that you can do more with less you dont hear anything about it.

With head and cam improvement that b code doesnt matter in a competition vehicle because its simply moving less fuel than a hybrid. In identical trucks with no hpo or air limitations, the hybrid moves more fuel over less time. Which equals more power.

People with 400s are in the 9 and 1000hp with hybrids and 75-80mm turbos. Thats just on fuel.

Edit: at higher rpms the hybrid ises less hpo to move MORE fuel. Despite unlimited hpo the hybrid retains icp because you are losing less during operation. Which in turn depletes the injection ratio "advantage" of the b code.

And fwiw, i think making power with a b code, hell, any injector is cool. The manner this thread was rolled out was kinda fishy/kinda argumentative.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well what did your set up make? I'm interested since I have 300/200s as well, curious to see if it's the same or close..

In for some B code power as well, but not much information on them lately

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

A lot of people don't like the Dyno so they are almost worthless numbers.

0f58b701abe05761b5a33ce2b093bc63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score
This was a friends truck on the same Dyno a different day, I think they had the tach hooked up wrong, but I'm just guessing.

e9ab0b1ecc5f71e02b7d5be090239ba6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I was on a mustang dyno and it didn't put up nearly that much power. Everyone was claiming the numbers were a little low..
c6c5aef263d5be65ce1a9ead94d7e444.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

hucorey

Reaction score
Somebody said they needed Dino sheets??? Just thought I'd lighten up the thread a bit.

9b99fd2f63268bffddd41d2572ec97b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
I never kept the dyno sheets from when old red spun the rollers... she hated dynoing - the first dyno she wouldn't spool.... did like 480rwhp on about 10 lbs of boost if I recall correctly (hey it was almost 10 years ago!). Then the following year I went down to BDP Open House to try again knowing she was pushing coolant..... she ended up shifting the cam gear off the end of the camshaft and eating the CPS sensor during the second run.... again sub 500rwhp. Meanwhile the guys in the COPTC were estimating the truck at about 700rwhp based on where she was running every weekend yanking the sled down the track (and not pushing coolant or eating CPS sensors).

That was with 400/200 B-codes.

TARM

Reaction score
Jason,

What about those special B-code based injectors did they have see any action seemed like it was only a couple years ago or maybe I am confusing something else?

superpsd

Reaction score
Jason,

What about those special B-code based injectors did they have see any action seemed like it was only a couple years ago or maybe I am confusing something else?

Are you talking of those 750 sticks they were working on?

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Jason,

They sit on the shelf in a box right now. Waiting on me to finish the truck they are to go into..... work has severely gotten in the way.....

Preliminary bench testing showed some awesome results.... if the truck runs half as well as the numbers show I'll be ecstatic.

TyCorr

Reaction score
They sit on the shelf in a box right now. Waiting on me to finish the truck they are to go into..... work has severely gotten in the way.....

Preliminary bench testing showed some awesome results.... if the truck runs half as well as the numbers show I'll be ecstatic.

That'd be completely nuts! And everyone understands that you did all this on your own dime and time. I can only imagine its gotta put half of a grin on your face to think about that amount of fuel getting moved :D

TARM

Reaction score

Yes Sir those are the ones. I recall a post you made after testing and how happy you were with the results. I totally get not having enough time for side projects. Mine has sat for about a year in the shop as I just have not had any time. I do not want to just throw it together half assed just to have it running.

I hope your schedule clears up some as I am excited to see the results. It seems as you have a ton of hours and $ into its design and testing.

To be able to get fuel in and be able to stretch out the RPMS would really effect the 7.3 HEUI perf potential.

How are you planning on handling the oil requirements? Gear driven pump off the HPOP gear? Belt? extra reservoir for more capacity? OR can a standard dual and reg oil cap in the pan handle it?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Idk. And he may not tell. We all thought they were 750-900 and 800% nozzles.

TARM

Reaction score
I think the real changes are not some ultimate nozzle or capacity as we have been able to do that for some time. The issue is you can not move the oil fastest enough adn in the volume needed thus b&p ratios etc to put enough fuel in the shorter and shorter windows as rpms drive above the 3k range. Its what helps keep CR systems together with stock bottom ends at much higher HP. TO make the HP at lower RPMS thus less work being done for a given force applied ( tq) it much need more force i.e tq thus more cylinder pressure. If you can fuel into higher RPMS ( more work over time) you can use less force (tq) thus lower CP and get more work down ( horsepower) Thus consider keeping a stock bottom end were properly tuned equated to 1000ftlb tq cylinder pressure.

The HP created at 2500RPM at that rate is far less than @ 3500 and so on up to the formula cross over point of 5250 rpm which is the upper limits of most any diesels.

It sounds he has found a way to create flow and ratios that allow given oil to do more work in a given period and to flow more oil in and out thru more fuel is injected.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
It was just a lot of math based upon real world data and a few educated engineering assumptions. The real problem with the heui system and massive fuel quantities comes down to two things: the volume of oil needed per cc of fuel injected, and the pressure drop of the oil as it flows across the poppet in the injector (MASSIVE pressure drops as flow increases). I took what I had, what I needed, and then made some compromises and started testing theories. They are a bag of compromises that are intended to be very drive-able as well as high performance. We are also getting way off topic for the OP's thread... ;)

TARM

Reaction score
Yes it certinaly has pulled it OT but come on, we are slowly trying to pry info from you on these injectors and keeping them fresh in your mind so you stay motivated ;)LOL

Can you really blame us as of all the limitations the 7.3 platform has its the HEUI injector short comings that is the most restrictive.

While it will likely never compete in total power of a CR or P-pump at higher levels when it comes street and keeping things together and lower classes of pulling your prototypes are very exciting.

Combining your injectors with dyno with CP logging could show some significant increases in performance. Your prototypes with a typical 200% nozzle hole size based on what you think your results will translate to real world would end up being one extremely versatile injector.

Stock like idle quality and part throttle performance combined with power bands that break in the 4K+ rpm range. To be able to keep CP/TQ are levels that keep rods from bending yet still build more power with a broadened power band.

Latest posts

Members online