Big tune....stock tailpipe?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
How many deeleeted guys are running a 4" race pipe into the stock 3.5" tailpipe section? Any egt issues or anything else weird happening?

BK39

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure "JCain" is running stock tail section. And his truck is in the 600hp range.

ChattyCathy

Reaction score
I was running mine that way for a couple years and yes so is jcain. I have since hacked it off just over the axle.

jwalk09

Reaction score
No probs here... I've heard aftermarket tips make for crazy hp gains though.

jcain

Reaction score
****** pipe only here. Got some funny looks at the dyno at scheids.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I am running ****** pipe and stock tip with a 64 and dual fuel. I love it that way. Not real loud until you give it hell. Getting a 6870 this week. Not planning on changing exhaust.

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Just curious, do you guys keep the stock pipe because you like the look of it or less showing off saying "hey I'm ******d" or something of that nature.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I think my favorite set up so far was a 4" aftermarket downpipe, 4" race pipe, and a stock *** Back. The downpipe gave it a little more rumble. Sounded really really good.

oscard0215

Reaction score
So is a 5" more for the sound? I mean obviously it flows more but is it enough of a gain to have to upgrade if u already have a deelete pipe and are happy with the sound?? Now I regret not getting my stage 2 instead of stage 1 NL CAi, thought it was an overkill since I didn't go with a 5" exhaust!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
I got a stock tailpipe cleaned up and all the extra mounting brackets cut off and ground smooth. Guess I'll throw it on this weekend.
Has anyone ever tried those slip on MBRP tips?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Anything over a 6" tip on a 5" system should get a person bitch slapped for stupidity. LOL

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I wouldn't do the downpipe, personally :eek:

none of them fit as well as OEM, and you're not going to pick up any power. Just potential fitment/rattle headaches/etc. down the road. Juice ain't worth the squeeze IMO.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I wouldn't do the downpipe, personally :eek:

none of them fit as well as OEM, and you're not going to pick up any power. Just potential fitment/rattle headaches/etc. down the road. Juice ain't worth the squeeze IMO.

Really? My MBRP downpipes fit great on both of my 2015 regular cabs.. one with a stock turbo, one with a 66/70.

oscard0215

Reaction score
How hard is it to get back there to install a downpipe breaking habits?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online