Big tune....stock tailpipe?

JRLott

Reaction score
same here on the gassers.. my 79 had 3 inch duals from headers back. no mufflers. mildly built 400m. ran like a raped ape.. loud as ***!!

99 f150 with 5.4 had true dual exhaust with 2.5 inch into 18"3.5 tips..

01 f150 5.4 was single exit 3.5".. no muffler or tip. superduty 7.3 stock exhaust..

live life full throttle

god bless america and the farmer who feeds your fat ass

Didn't think you were quite that old. I think I had 18" echo chambers and thought the 12" fvkers looked funny...at any rate I hated the 4" X anyd@mn length. Now I don't think a 6" tip looks bad as long as it comes from a 5" pipe and didn't like 20" rims until enough factory trucks started coming with them. Times change. Tastes change. Trends change. Some things look right to me, and some don't. All that said, I really don't mind a 4-4 or 5-5 tip one little bit.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Didn't think you were quite that old. I think I had 18" echo chambers and thought the 12" fvkers looked funny...at any rate I hated the 4" X anyd@mn length. Now I don't think a 6" tip looks bad as long as it comes from a 5" pipe and didn't like 20" rims until enough factory trucks started coming with them. Times change. Tastes change. Trends change. Some things look right to me, and some don't. All that said, I really don't mind a 4-4 or 5-5 tip one little bit.

geez, what part of that made me sound old? lol.. im 35.. its not horrible if it's a 1 inch step but any more than that is just pukey...

live life full throttle

JRLott

Reaction score
geez, what part of that made me sound old? lol.. im 35.. its not horrible if it's a 1 inch step but any more than that is just pukey...

live life full throttle

Thought you were 3-5 years younger, just young enough to miss the 350/351 glass pack echo chamber era...and I agree with the rest.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Thought you were 3-5 years younger, just young enough to miss the 350/351 glass pack echo chamber era...and I agree with the rest.
lol. i see... yeah, all my buddies ran glass packs. i ran straight through... i could drown them out just fine....

live life full throttle

JMart

Reaction score
I had 12" glass packs on my 00 F150 4.6. LOL I think it had 2" exhaust with 3 inch tips. Its been so long I can't remember.

My whole neighborhood hated me because I had to leave by 5:15am to be at work on time.

TrickTruck

Reaction score
I've asked your admin to ****** me. I also ******d my last comment because I dropped to your level and shouldn't have. To your accusation, I'm a disabled Marine, injured in the line of duty, so you can have free speech and cut everyone up as you see fit. My last comment will be this: without a doubt this is the most inhospitable forum I've ever seen. I'm sure you'll be proud of that but you'll get it back one day, one way or the other. No threats, just the way life works.
You think this place is hostile, try www.pirate4x4.com. Show your pussy over there and they ain't gonna be happy 'til you cry.

ps, thank you for your service

OH, and on topic, I have the AFE 5" w/ stock downpipe and it sounds good when you get on it, quiet when you are not.

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
You think this place is hostile, try www.pirate4x4.com. Show your pussy over there and they ain't gonna be happy 'til you cry.

ps, thank you for your service

OH, and on topic, I have the AFE 5" w/ stock downpipe and it sounds good when you get on it, quiet when you are not.

Sorry but I worked with Marines *after all: My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment* for 14 years when I was active and THAT guy is NOT a Devil Dog. If I'm wrong and he was in the Marines, I bet that entry wound from the "injury" was in his back... Marines don't cry like 3 year olds over a forum. Don't insult real Leathernecks or the men who worked side by side with them by saying you are one.

Lysons

Reaction score
Trucks kinda dirty right now, but this should give you an idea of the MBRP stock slide overs.

IMG_1738.jpg

IMG_1737.jpg

griz700rocket

Reaction score
My first truck was a 79 F250 with a mildly built 400. 2 1/4 true duals with some knockoff cherry bombs. Would rattle the windows of the stores on main street. Man I miss that truck.

same here on the gassers.. my 79 had 3 inch duals from headers back. no mufflers. mildly built 400m. ran like a raped ape.. loud as ***!!

99 f150 with 5.4 had true dual exhaust with 2.5 inch into 18"3.5 tips..

01 f150 5.4 was single exit 3.5".. no muffler or tip. superduty 7.3 stock exhaust..

live life full throttle

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
My first truck was a 79 F250 with a mildly built 400. 2 1/4 true duals with some knockoff cherry bombs. Would rattle the windows of the stores on main street. Man I miss that truck.
right on. built right they can be some strong lil motors.

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.