Big tune....stock tailpipe?

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Whoever made the downpipe we got from Morgan to do the 15 conversion on my buddy's truck needs a better drawing board.

We just put OEM pipes on them now. Fit and finish are OEM quality, obviously I know Rudy's quit doing aftermarket pipes with their 15 kits for the same reason

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Whoever made the downpipe we got from Morgan to do the 15 conversion on my buddy's truck needs a better drawing board.

We just put OEM pipes on them now. Fit and finish are OEM quality, obviously I know Rudy's quit doing aftermarket pipes with their 15 kits for the same reason

I'm not sure whose downpipe he used before. I would imagine street diesel's. We are selling the MBRP's now.

The MBRP is my favorite and the way it mounts is second to none. They hit the nail on the head with these.

JMart

Reaction score
I got a stock tailpipe cleaned up and all the extra mounting brackets cut off and ground smooth. Guess I'll throw it on this weekend.
Has anyone ever tried those slip on MBRP tips?

Had one on my 6.0 for about a week before I rolled the truck. I didn't cut enough of the pipe off so it gave it a really weird sound. Never got a chance to clean take it off and fix it because of the weather.

BR459

Reaction score
I ran the straight 5 in. for 2 weeks before trying tips and I just liked the sound better. I ended up cutting my pipe as it rolled out of the downturn and welded the tip in on a slight down angle. One of the guys at the plant has been running straight 4 in. on his 6.0 and it sounds and runs good. He's been pleased with it I think.

Nj67

Reaction score
Anything over a 6" tip on a 5" system should get a person bitch slapped for stupidity. LOL
b3ed9d610a65894af0ff919e3fc0ed77.jpg

I think i should go up another size....what do you guys think ??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Anything over a 6" tip on a 5" system should get a person bitch slapped for stupidity. LOL

Sadly it's almost impossible to find a reasonable tip for a 5". I ended up paying too much for my AFE tip just because it was the only 6" tip I could find at the time :(. I just can't deal with the "unfinished" look, without a tip, otherwise I'd just have left it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I run stock tailpipe with a 5" vented tip with no issues, EGTS are cool back pressure is good.

Jomax

Reaction score
I have the MBRP *** back dual. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50_shooter

Reaction score
I guess mines got a downpipe too, hadn't thought about that affecting the sound. I love it though, sounds great at idle, and really pissed at wot..

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I'm not sure whose downpipe he used before. I would imagine street diesel's. We are selling the MBRP's now.

The MBRP is my favorite and the way it mounts is second to none. They hit the nail on the head with these.

MBRP is definitely on the higher end of fit/finish when it comes to aftermarket exhaust

BR459

Reaction score
I've asked your admin to ****** me. I also ******d my last comment because I dropped to your level and shouldn't have. To your accusation, I'm a disabled Marine, injured in the line of duty, so you can have free speech and cut everyone up as you see fit. My last comment will be this: without a doubt this is the most inhospitable forum I've ever seen. I'm sure you'll be proud of that but you'll get it back one day, one way or the other. No threats, just the way life works.

Koda22

Reaction score
I think you have taken things a little serious...,this has been a pretty great forum...but with that comes a lot of jokes and hassle....I think most the guys on here that give ****, would be willing to help another member any time they could...now I could be wrong....but thinking that way has made this forum a lot better.....lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.