build the 7.3, or buy a 6.4

• Build the 7.3

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Buy the 6.4

Votes: 44 44.9%

• Total voters

campbellflage

Reaction score
I'd build the 7.3 personally. Throw 05 up axles under it or 4 link air ride. Maybe upgrade seats depending on trim level. Sound deaden the interior to death. Build a nice custom sound system for it. Put a bts/jw full build in with some 250/200s , s468 and all supporting mods and drive the crap out of it. Drop 15k in it and have the same luxury as the newer trucks with good usable power. What luxury do the newer trucks 08-10 have other then seats, maybe climate control and spring setup?

Sent from my x2 chillin in the middle of no where

Thats what Im leaning towards doing, but it costs alot more than 15k. I figure 15k just in performance parts (thats doing all installs myself). axle swap would be at least another 1500, interior is like 2k... would probably be another 5 on top of the initial 15k. So 20k. This is why Im asking... is it worth it or am i being stupid and just trade/spend 20k and have a 8-10 year newer truck?

STROKIN N STYLE

Reaction score
I bought my 08 for 21 out the door.. just saying. If you do all that in the above post, your going to spend well over 20k to get there. Save your self some time and money.

Arisley

Reaction score
I own both and theres no way in hell Id throw money at a 7.3 just to make it 450-500 horse. Thats like wiping before you sh!t.
Dont get me wrong, I really like the 7.3 for what I use it for, a beater/work truck. It gets the job done.
Theres just no way Id spend the money on it to make 500hp when I could spend the same and be in a nicer truck.

If you want overall comfort and performance while still keeping it reliable.......tuner, intake, exhaust, egr delete on a 6.4. As long as you keep up with it as you would any other diesel, youll be fine.

What Shone says. When I can afford it, I will have a 6.7. Until then, I will keep the old ugly 7.3 running.

bruce

Reaction score
You can have the baddest 10 year old truck and it still aint what a new one is. That's what ive come to realize.

mattman347

Reaction score
Whats with all you guys having problems with a 7.3L over 500HP? :D I guess I don't drive mine everyday anymore and when I do I have some respect for the "power". I still tow with mine and don't have any EGT issues, maybe I just got a good one! The best part about my old 97 is it is paid for :thumbsup:.

bruce

Reaction score
The reason i want a new one is because too many idiot rednecks buy 7.3 and want to roll coal. Its like the new 12 valve cummins and i don't like associated with that crowd

campbellflage

Reaction score
The reason i want a new one is because too many idiot rednecks buy 7.3 and want to roll coal. Its like the new 12 valve cummins and i don't like associated with that crowd

Not what I'm after.. I wouldn't care if it didn't smoke at all, rather it that way actually. My setup not (i know stock injectors) barely smokes on the hot tune, usually only at wot off the line or from a 40 roll

Latest posts

Members online