BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
So who missed all these little gems you keep finding?

I was under the impression it had been a few places.
UDP did the initial stuff right after I bought it. Drove it for a year stock with tune/******s.

RCD did the build. Sat for a year.

Got the truck back from RCD and keep finding half assed ****.

Trust me... if it would have been in Ohio when it toasted the stock motor it would have gone to UDP without hesitation.

I asked UDP to go over everything RCD touched on the truck for this very reason. UDP called me yesterday because they aren't even sure if RCD put the right coolant in my truck... yeah

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
That sucks to read Pete. I'd be going out of my mind if I started finding little stuff like that after my truck was built.

It could be worse. Its just a missing sensor at the end of the day and not something major. Just really sucks when you pay out the ass for parts and labor to find half assed stuff all over your truck.

I've kept a pretty cool head through the whole thing and tried not to bad mouth anyone even though a lot of people said I should...but it's starting to piss me off. It takes a lot to piss me off

But lets be real. My truck runs awesome and works... it will just run even better now. So I can't really complain too much about the little stuff. It'll get worked out over time.

Inline6359

Reaction score
You have played it pretty cool, and it does run good and only can get better with the leak fixed. But if I were you in the back of my mind inwould be wondering if the same guy who did all these surprises is also the one who assembled the engine. Just how my mind works. Chances are no, but with my luck that's what i would be thinking.

Black AOD

Reaction score
You have played it pretty cool, and it does run good and only can get better with the leak fixed. But if I were you in the back of my mind I would be wondering if the same guy who did all these surprises is also the one who assembled the engine. Just how my mind works. Chances are no, but with my luck that's what i would be thinking.

I asked Pete this myself a while back.....Pete admitted he wasn't worried. I've ridden in this truck a decent amount, I've raced his truck in my UDP built 6.4....I've even driven his truck. This motor is stout and I can honestly say this motor was built properly and runs like a champ. There's no concern in that area I don't think.

Like Pete said and I agree, it ran so damn well before...It's going to be awesome to see it now with the little odds and ends buttoned up and this boost leak solved. My 6.4 doesn't stand a chance now.

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
That's a good attitude to have Pete, I commend you dude. Doesn't make sense to cry over spilled milk anyway. Glad you're going to get her all buttoned up and ready for 2016.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
You have played it pretty cool, and it does run good and only can get better with the leak fixed. But if I were you in the back of my mind inwould be wondering if the same guy who did all these surprises is also the one who assembled the engine. Just how my mind works. Chances are no, but with my luck that's what i would be thinking.

I've thought about it a lot. But they have a machine shop in a separate building that does all the motor work and assembly. 2 different crews. They assembled it and the guys in the shop put it in and buttoned it up.

My 6.4 doesn't stand a chance now.

:demon:

That's a good attitude to have Pete, I commend you dude. Doesn't make sense to cry over spilled milk anyway. Glad you're going to get her all buttoned up and ready for 2016

Thanks. Agreed. 2016 is looking to be a good year. Truck will definitely be making the drive to TS this year.

Reaction score
That sucks to read Pete! You really are a stand up guy who can keep his cool during annoying situations thats for sure. Hopefully once and for all this thing can get buttoned up without any more issues down the road. :toast:

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
That sucks to read Pete! You really are a stand up guy who can keep his cool during annoying situations thats for sure. Hopefully once and for all this thing can get buttoned up without any more issues down the road. :toast:

I appreciate the kind words man. Bring your new 6.7 down to TS this year. Its a good time :blitzed:

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
****, imagine if I insulted a precision turbo AND an OUO suspension part in the same sentence... Jared would have a ****ing melt down and admit himself to a psych ward for observation.

I didn't even notice this crap. Jon, you are absolutely petty. You dish **** out without ever being able to back it up. You know what you have and that's great, we're all glad you love your truck. But guess what, just because your H&S charger kit makes 640 or whatever, doesn't mean it's god just because it's got a bell charger. Id put money on petes making as much or more. Does it matter? No, not one damn bit. Get off your high horse and stop making shots.

It is impossible to insult OUO, their products are god. And as god, they are all but imperfect. Crack a book, jon.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Josh. I've never had beef with you, but you're simply but hurt because your only sales technique to sell traction bars was "this stuff is just as good as OUO". That's weak, never a fact, never a point, and the simple fact was you can't sell a one up offroad product, so that's how you weaseled around the situation.

Dave called you out for a bait and switch tactic using our product as bait, that's the simple fact. Get over it.

I think you're a decent kid but if you want people to believe your not just cramming the latest and greatest thing down their throat, you need facts, examples, and reasons why what you're selling is a superior product. Wonder what all those people you force fed ATS turbo kits will think now that you'll be pushing MPDs because they are the best.

I'm off my soap box, was just notified of some petty bs directed towards me.

Pete, I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the truck, and hope everything is all squared away. Give me a shout if you need anything 🏻

jcain

Reaction score
I didn't even notice this crap. Jon, you are absolutely petty. You dish **** out without ever being able to back it up. You know what you have and that's great, we're all glad you love your truck. But guess what, just because your H&S charger kit makes 640 or whatever, doesn't mean it's god just because it's got a bell charger. Id put money on petes making as much or more. Does it matter? No, not one damn bit. Get off your high horse and stop making shots.

Josh. I've never had beef with you, but you're simply but hurt because your only sales technique to sell traction bars was "this stuff is just as good as OUO". That's weak, never a fact, never a point, and the simple fact was you can't sell a one up offroad product, so that's how you weaseled around the situation.

Dave called you out for a bait and switch tactic using our product as bait, that's the simple fact. Get over it.

I think you're a decent kid but if you want people to believe your not just cramming the latest and greatest thing down their throat, you need facts, examples, and reasons why what you're selling is a superior product. Wonder what all those people you force fed ATS turbo kits will think now that you'll be pushing MPDs because they are the best.

I'm off my soap box, was just notified of some petty bs directed towards me.

Pete, I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the truck, and hope everything is all squared away. Give me a shout if you need anything 🏻
This would almost hold water if I didn't have and love the 2 precision chargers on my street/strip car. But the real point was, I was clearly joking (as I normally am, hence the ask Morgan bit) with Pete and the other fellow about precision turbos (i figured the hash tags would have clearly insinuated the humor) and you jumped in face first. Next...

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
This would almost hold water if I didn't have and love the 2 precision chargers on my street/strip car. But the real point was, I was clearly joking (as I normally am, hence the ask Morgan bit) with Pete and the other fellow about precision turbos (i figured the hash tags would have clearly insinuated the humor) and you jumped in face first. Next...

The OUO comments as well. All of it. It's just old Jon

Reaction score
Ok fellas, that's enough. Lol, Pete's got enough going on to read this bs in his thread.

Jon, I know your satire. I explained it to Jared this morning. You are joking 98% of the time. It's too early in the morning and Jared gets fired up over the things he is passionate about. No need to push buttons, I don't need to make any more coffee!

Josh, we don't need the dog pile of useless comments.

Pete, I would say that I can assure you the guy at RCD that installed the engine wasn't the same guy who built it. I am sure Nate and the crew will tie up loose ends. I am certain that the sensor wasn't missing when it left RCD but it blew out at some point since. It couldn't have ran that good with it missing the whole time. If there is anything we can do to help let me know. Maybe we can get a nice little compound kit on there for future horse-pressures!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online