BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

bhudson

Reaction score
Haven't seen anything around here done like that. I think it would look bad ass to get all the emblems done in the kr 2 tone paint and maybe the grill too.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
On the emblems, especially the front one, I would suggest getting the 3M clear bra thing he offers so that if it gets rock chipped he will warranty it. He wasn't offering that when I got mine and mine looks like crap now. Lots and lots of rock chips on where the chrome pieces are on the Ford emblem. He definitely doesn't prep the chrome, so get the protection thing he offers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
On the emblems, especially the front one, I would suggest getting the 3M clear bra thing he offers so that if it gets rock chipped he will warranty it. He wasn't offering that when I got mine and mine looks like crap now. Lots and lots of rock chips on where the chrome pieces are on the Ford emblem. He definitely doesn't prep the chrome, so get the protection thing he offers.

CTS? He mentions nothing on the site about 3M protective film.
That's why I didn't get chrome haha

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk
No need to prep the chrome for paint if you leave it chrome. The painted ones like you got would need to be prepped for paint over the chrome. So chrome is actually better because you're leaving it like it comes from the factory.

BOHICA256

Reaction score
Yes CTS, last time I looked(it's been months) he was offering a strip of 3M clear bra that you had to buy for him to warranty his emblems, and I just looked now and it's not there anymore.. I know it used to be on there because it pissed me off. I don't want to spend the money on another one for it to just get destroyed by bugs and rocks. But I guess he no longer offers that lol
fa6a1ef3e861822677767cacf9332e0e.jpg
might be a little hard to see, but it's chipped bad. I've had them for a long time. So don't think yours will look like this in a couple months.
I'm not bashing the product either, even though at $130 I would think he would at least prep the chrome. My tailgate one looks just like it did from day one though.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Well the guys at UDP have been going over the truck before it goes away for winter. Fixed a few sensors, updating the OUO track rod joint (thanks Jared and Dave), and completely redoing the location of the fuel filter and Fuel Lab regulator because they're in the way and it just looks like plain **** to be honest. While taking the intercooler piping out they found a sensor location that has been missing for quite some time based on the evidence... can you say MASSIVE boost leak on the cold side piping!!??? Who knows how much power the truck has been losing and I didn't even know it because I couldn't see it or hear it while driving. This is exactly why I'm having everything double checked by UDP. Very curious to see how much power the truck makes with no boost leak. Thanks to Tadd for getting us some parts overnighted.

c086e21601382367a0a77e3c3767a344.jpg

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
whoa ....
Yeah ....
Not only power left on the table but spool...
And I thought it was good before... who knows how well it'll run now.
Weren't we just talking about spoolup the other day? Lol might have something to do with it..
Yep I believe they found the issue. I'm excited to see how she runs with it fixed... hell it'll feel like a whole new truck without a half inch hole in the cold side. What's sad is it ran so damn good even with the massive boost leak. Now my tires will really hate me.

johnp115

Reaction score
Yeah ....

And I thought it was good before... who knows how well it'll run now.

Yep I believe they found the issue. I'm excited to see how she runs with it fixed... hell it'll feel like a whole new truck without a half inch hole in the cold side. What's sad is it ran so damn good even with the massive boost leak. Now my tires will really hate me.

Its the build that keeps on giving haha

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Its the build that keeps on giving haha
Lol ain't that the truth. So many little gems to find. I feel fairly confident after UDP is done checking everything it will be good to go. Ben is cleaning up the engine as well and rerouting some lines and filter housing. Should be much cleaner under the hood when he's done. His attention to detail is impeccable. Just look at his pulling truck.

Black AOD

Reaction score
Go back earlier in the thread and see who built the truck

Black AOD

Reaction score
Nope. When Pete bought it, UDP tuned and ******d it for him and did some other small things on it when he lived in OH. His motor let go in chicago later on when he was working there. RCD had it soon after that since they were close. RCD did the full build. Motor, Elite Trans install, Turbo kit, Fuel system, suspension, all of it. Now its back in OH @ UDP since Pete is back in OH

Latest posts

Members online