BUILD - RCD Longblock/Elite Single

50_shooter

Reaction score
Needs a really good exhaust clip so everyone can hear that gorgeous turbine sing!

Yeah, I absolutely love the way mine sounds. So does everyone else. Had a guy ask me if the truck was as mean as it sounds, I said meaner! Lol

I'm kinda surprised that Pete and I are the only ones running this charger on here.

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Needs a really good exhaust clip so everyone can hear that gorgeous turbine sing!

I have no friends to take videos for me... best I can do right now is an idle clip and rev as the truck only has 3 wheels and a jack stand currently.

You've got to be $hitting me. I'd be pretty irritated about that one

I won't get started on how I feel about Chicago

Yeah, I absolutely love the way mine sounds. So does everyone else. Had a guy ask me if the truck was as mean as it sounds, I said meaner! Lol

I'm kinda surprised that Pete and I are the only ones running this charger on here.

It does sound extremely mean. Even at idle and just pulling out of a parking lot in 1st - 2nd gear it whistles like crazy. I had everyone in a car show that had about 300 cars turn their heads and watch me leave when they heard the turbo start whistling. I'm sure we are not the only ones as most people don't post they just sit back and read.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score

I'm putting one on my 6.4, and if I ever ditch the 6670 this will be how I go on the 6.7

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
If I go that route, I'll end up needing a whole kit to go with it.

I'm just bored of my setup, so I'm kicking around ideas.

I don't want to derail your thread though... I was just curious if anyone has tried the 6466 on a truck with stock fuel.

If you already have a 64mm Street Max and you're bored I'd bump up to a 6670R and see how ya like it.

maxxedout

Reaction score
If you already have a 64mm Street Max and you're bored I'd bump up to a 6670R and see how ya like it.

The idea of a 6670R has crossed my mind as well... I'm trying to put off rods and a competition transmission until I pay the truck off and buy something else to be my DD/tow vehicle. I don't even need a ton more power, just something different haha.

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
The idea of a 6670R has crossed my mind as well... I'm trying to put off rods and a competition transmission until I pay the truck off and buy something else to be my DD/tow vehicle. I don't even need a ton more power, just something different haha.

Just my .02... Instead of swapping a turbo just keep saving for a trans or a motor.

A different turbo won't change the power enough to justify the price and if you add fuel... Well you could need an engine or a trans not soon after

sootie

Reaction score
Just my .02... Instead of swapping a turbo just keep saving for a trans or a motor.

A different turbo won't change the power enough to justify the price and if you add fuel... Well you could need an engine or a trans not soon after

:whs: and if you want more power in the mean time, dual fuelers would be more prudent.

maxxedout

Reaction score
You guys have a point... Probably best to leave "well enough" alone until I'm ready to really get into this this thing. Sooner or later, I'll break something, then it will be time to build it.

50_shooter

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the rods as much as the trans. Dual fuel her, have Morgan tune it and build your trans and you should be fine if my truck is an example. I've got several thousand miles of giving her hell under the belt. Never dynoed it but seems real strong.

under construction

Reaction score
Pete, if you need tires and wheels to run to get to TS come get my stock ones till yours come in. I don't mind a bit! They will just be sitting in the barn till I put them on next winter. Or send your minion. LOL

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the rods as much as the trans. Dual fuel her, have Morgan tune it and build your trans and you should be fine if my truck is an example. I've got several thousand miles of giving her hell under the belt. Never dynoed it but seems real strong.

You hit it on the head. Good tuning goes so far

Black AOD

Reaction score
Pete, if you need tires and wheels to run to get to TS come get my stock ones till yours come in. I don't mind a bit! They will just be sitting in the barn till I put them on next winter. Or send your minion. LOL
If that's in reference to me you must be confused.....

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.