Buying tips for brand new truck?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That is a good deal. In my area everyone drives trucks so there isn't much wiggle room on them. Did what I could, tons better deals out there but it was fair and I pretty much got exactly what I wanted.

They are nice trucks for sure. Very impressive even bone stock. I can't afford the power itch on this truck and I can honestly say I have been pleased thus far. Just getting ready to hit 12k miles bought it late October lol. Been hooked to a trailer 3500-4k of them miles loaded fairly heavy

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Tom@BigTimeKustomz

Reaction score
Thats awesome dude. I towed my 6x10 enclosed today with my landscape equipment in it and the truck didn't even flinch. Can't wait to hook my 6k boat up and see how she really does.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I wanna put 20k behind one too se how it does my buddy is getting one soon and i want to put my 16k lb 5th wheel behind it too see if I should trade my 6.4 or build it a little.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
This was about 20k truck did fine. Of course you can feel it but stable as hell and did awesome I felt

me2e5yja.jpg

TyCorr

Reaction score
That is friggin awesome! My duraturd is feeling lazy here lately. I pulled an 18k lb trailer and it felt like 30k. I reeeeeally want a 6.7 next. Ive got over 65k on the 12 so maybe this.fall if Im close to 100k.

Anybody have any trouble with the 6.7 when putting tons of miles on them? My duramax has been through.quite a bit of repair. Trans was rebuilt/resealed under recall. The engine has been taken apart by the dealer because i was losing about a quart of oil in driveways after sitting all.day at a job. Too bad it.took 12k miles of cardboard under a 25k mile truck to.get them to listen. "they all seep some". This sucker was bleeding oil. The antifreeze sitting in my tailpupe.last winter was never.explained. Leaks.coolant constantly. My defroster in the back window.never.shuts off either LOL. Im not really impressed with these. My 11 was waaaay worse. It was in the shop once a week until it 75k miles. 40 of which I.drove it for. I honestly preferred my 07classic lbz.

Dustin, truck looks nice! For sure.

WHY NOT

Reaction score
It takes a lot to make one of these trucks flinch. I have had 26k behind mine and it did great. Had to set the break gain all the up but the truck was solid and didn't wiggle around going down the road or anything.

Sent from my I fone 5

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i like my 3.55s honestly, with my bigger tire im sure a 3.73 would be better but it works well as is, i didnt want 3.31 because i knew i was going to be running a taller tire.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i like my 3.55s honestly, with my bigger tire im sure a 3.73 would be better but it works well as is, i didnt want 3.31 because i knew i was going to be running a taller tire.

i have 3:31's ... i think theyll be ok with 35's .. i do have a set of 3:73's here from my green truck in case i hate them. rpm's are 1600 at 70 lol .. mileage is 19 hand calculated with deletes and driving like a grandma.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
i have 3:31's ... i think theyll be ok with 35's .. i do have a set of 3:73's here from my green truck in case i hate them. rpm's are 1600 at 70 lol .. mileage is 19 hand calculated with deletes and driving like a grandma.

oh wow, i didnt even know you bought a 6.7, or drove like a grandma?

has anyone left the truck alone and not deleted anything and just drove one to see how well it does or is everyone deleting them right away? what about tunes with deletes and without, how do they hold up or what do you all recommend? what about warranty purposes for deletes or even tunes without deletes, does it void it?

sorry for all the questions guys.. i was about to make a thread about this for a buddy wondering how 6.7s are doing and what everyone recommends, to get, not to get, and how they are holding up? but i saw this thread and figured i would add to it... thanks.

live life full throttle

Strokin&Smokin

Reaction score
so, fill it full of fuel and def and drive it?
live life full throttle

That's all I do and at stock (for now) I give tuned Cummings hell all day. I think mine is a little hotter than normal for some reason and Chris can attest to that if he chimes in.

Sent while dismantling your neighbors meth lab.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so, fill it full of fuel and def and drive it?
live life full throttle

Yep def every 5k miles or so (23 bucks each time) and fuel. Fuel filters are expensive but by far the easiest of any Powerstroke to change.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
dam, maybe i should get a 6.7 then... wont have to piss around with my dinosaurs anymore(other then make one my sled puller)... thanks for all the replies fellas..
op, sorry to hijack your thread...

live life full throttle

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
And fwiw I have been oil sampling this truck and there is absolutely no fuel dilution like 6.4s had with regening. Which is awesome that's one of the biggest drawbacks to the 6.4.

Latest posts

Members online