Call it my build thread I guess

TXlineman83

Reaction score
My biggest fear is kicking mud or water into the filter. If I could have bought a sealed system I would have.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

INFAMOUS

Reaction score
I read it wrong, you are good to go with that set up. For some reason I thought that you were going to use a standard aFe kit.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

TXlineman83

Reaction score
No. I had the old stage 2 and upgraded.

"Opportunity is often overlooked because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work"

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
the no limit includes a free pre filter for water and heavy dirt issues. anyway good luck.

Idk if a pre filter would do any good compared to a splash shield. Call it a skid plate for my intake.

Thomas Edison.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
sounds like you should add a snorkel.

good luck with the stud job.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Lol. I'm paying a shop for the stud install.

Snorkel. Well I don't use it like a jeep but I ain't afraid to take it off road to hunt either

Thomas Edison.

B585Ford

Reaction score
This looks like a great build....should be reliable and run cool. Not sure if you included this on the valve train, but I would replace the rockers and lifters while you have the heads off with OEMs...cheap insurance.

webb06

Reaction score
Idk if a pre filter would do any good compared to a splash shield. Call it a skid plate for my intake.

Thomas Edison.

Not sure how you would ever get mud or water up there unless you completely bury the truck or run it without the fender liner in.

Fordtrucks

Reaction score
Im Maxed out on stock fuel, ive got a 72mm on there to. My AFE stage 2 with Elite upgrade works great!

We replaced my lifters while my heads were off to. I was told the roller tends to fail and wipe out the cam. Like $240.00 for a new set so in they went.. Might think about it. My Rockers were also bad after 145xxx miles..

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Thanks for the insight on the lifters. I wasn't really sure on them as the break in on an old can. Truck only has 103,000 miles on it. Been deleted for about 25,000 of that. But after looking at the cost of them compared to what I have spent already. I guess they wouldn't hurt. Swapping them out would require a fair amount of break in period and oil changes with a high zinc content oil right

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
As far as rockers go. The shop installing my studs are checking them out. I specifically requested them to be inspected

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Im Maxed out on stock fuel, ive got a 72mm on there to. My AFE stage 2 with Elite upgrade works great!

We replaced my lifters while my heads were off to. I was told the roller tends to fail and wipe out the cam. Like $240.00 for a new set so in they went.. Might think about it. My Rockers were also bad after 145xxx miles..

Who's lifters did u go with

Thomas Edison.

sootie

Reaction score
use ford lifters.

just inspect the rockers, they may not need to be replaced.

also, is the shop that is doing the work proficient with 6.4 heads? they should be milled and magnafluxed for sure. also, if they havent studded a 6.4 before beware of cracked block.

awesome build tho..pretty much a carbon copy of mine but i did all the no limit piping, a waste gate and only an atmo charger not jr hp's

TXlineman83

Reaction score
use ford lifters.

also, is the shop that is doing the work proficient with 6.4 heads? they should be milled and magnafluxed for sure. also, if they havent studded a 6.4 before beware of cracked block.

awesome build tho..pretty much a carbon copy of mine but i did all the no limit piping, a waste gate and only an atmo charger not jr hp's

The shop is sending the heads off for valve job, magnaflux, milling, bronze guides etc etc. They told me that they have 6.0s that they race and have done a few 6.4s. Said they just did a 20,000 build with industrial phat shafts and all kinda of stuff for a guy. Shop is Reliable Austomotive/Innovative Performance in Carlsbad NM. Seems like some real good guys and pretty knowledgeable. The OEM lifters. If I do them do I need to treat it like a new build with oil changes and break in time. You know new lifters on and old cam. Give it time to seat it's self correctly and such

Thomas Edison.

Csilva187

Reaction score
use ford lifters.

Same here, I lucked out and all my valve train was in great shape. I used a little arp thread sealer etc. Good luck and have fun w your pickup!

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Same here, I lucked out and all my valve train was in great shape. I used a little arp thread sealer etc. Good luck and have fun w your pickup!

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping for. I didn't want to go buying anything that's still in great shape. I figured 100,000 miles on the lifters without any serious hot rodding and never really a heavy load on it it should be good to go

Thomas Edison.

TXlineman83

Reaction score
Does anyone know if my stock transmission would hold up through one dyno run or should I wait until I install a built trans

Thomas Edison.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.