cam

Smokin_Joe

Reaction score
It's not rubber boys. It's graphite impregnated Teflon. Very expensive I'm told. Rubber would fail from all the vibrations and this is way more solid. The clamp itself is stainless too.

I have 1/2'' thick drops of the teflon rubber at my shop. Let me know if anyone needs some. The stuff is very expensive. A sheet 1/2'' x 60'' x 240'' cost $9,000

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
i have ported rails and have never had any such issues.

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
I don't know why my fuel lines are so loud, but they are. From what I can tell they aren't hitting anything. I can't see everything though, so it's possible they are rubbing somewhere.

madman1234509

Reaction score
I cant seem to find them listed on the site. Maybe when I talk to gabe when I swap fuel rails with them he can give me some more info. Seems like the noise is hit or miss? Id be more worried about it if I was doing a fuel pump also.

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
I'm not reading the rest of this thread, I'm on page 3 I think.

Here's cliffs though:

-OP asks "Hey while my truck's cab is off, and the heads are off the motor would it be the most cost effective time to do some more major engine repairs?"

Hillbilly answers:

YES!

BFT

Reaction score
I'm not reading the rest of this thread, I'm on page 3 I think.

Here's cliffs though:

-OP asks "Hey while my truck's cab is off, and the heads are off the motor would it be the most cost effective time to do some more major engine repairs?"

Hillbilly answers:

YES!

we are a bit passed that subject

madman1234509

Reaction score
And its not so much as doing repairs as Are these clamps under the valve covers? From posts Ive read I assume you cant get to them very easily. Just was thinking if I wasnt to order them and I did have some kind of problem how hard it would be to just order a set and put them on.

BTW Thanks for the link, Ive talked to Gabe on the phone and over email about getting a set of fuel rails when the truck comes apart, so depending on the availability of them then that might be the deciding factor who knows.

White_monster

Reaction score
Here's a pick of the clamp. I mounted it cab on but I use a different heat shield than stock.

Clampinstalled.jpg

madman1234509

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the picture, so they are right on the outside. Maybe Ill just hold off and see what happens with them. I dont think there should be any extra vibration that would cause them to crack, its not like im putting a different pump on it or anything.... If there is nose Ill just grab a set and install them after

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
For what it's worth, mine have been vibrating for 30,000 miles and I've never had one crack, leak, or break.

White_monster

Reaction score
You and me both. Had my cam sitting for 6 months and the cam might be coming back out. I'd like to see a truck with a stock cam and this came test just to see what it does.

Latest posts

Members online