CCV Pressure

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
None so far, been on for a few days but I blew out another rear drive shaft. Hopefully be done tomorrow then wait for the big one coming from So Cal. Local shop won't build one big enough.

One up off road makes a pretty serious driveshaft that were putting in joe montrellas truck
Supposed to be unbreakable

Erikclaw

Reaction score
That im not sure of but they said it wouldnt break...we will find out

I do remember talking to them about it quite a while ago I think. They didn't even cross my mind the other day. Just google searched til I found one I liked. Would be cool to hear some details on it.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
From scratch??

Yeah, just buy the parts and do my own. I'll change some stuff up maybe do -16 lines and fittings. Don't think I'll need a catch can if I loop the lines like yours and I may throw some filters on the end of the line to keep trash out of them.

White_monster

Reaction score
Yeah, just buy the parts and do my own. I'll change some stuff up maybe do -16 lines and fittings. Don't think I'll need a catch can if I loop the lines like yours and I may throw some filters on the end of the line to keep trash out of them.

What's gonna get in the lines bud? While running nothing will get in and when stopped the lines are long enough that nothing will make it to the engine. A filter on the end will also create a restriction in letting the crank case pressure escape thus upping CCV pressure.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Just a thought I could be way off but for those who just vent the ccv system isn't your pressure going to be higher then running it back to the intake? With a forced induction engine it creates a pretty good vaccum correct? So in turn your actually going to raise the pressure of that system and lose performance, I read that gas engines running vaccum pumps so there's no crank pressure can benefit 3-6% performance gains...

Erikclaw

Reaction score
How do you raise the pressure by venting it off?? It is kind of like filling a tire while it is leaking out of a hole.
You put it back through the intake it will just oil down the turbos like we are stopping by venting it off.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Because the pressure in the intake is less then the atm pressure... So more can flow thus lowering pressure?

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
What's gonna get in the lines bud? While running nothing will get in and when stopped the lines are long enough that nothing will make it to the engine. A filter on the end will also create a restriction in letting the crank case pressure escape thus upping CCV pressure.

I'm talking about bugs and such, no paper filter either just some sort of screen like window screen or something like it.

oneturboforme

Reaction score
Ya i know what you mean... Mine just vents too just my lil gears turning so I thought I would bring it up

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.