CCV Pressure

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I didn't know you could weld that good. LOL That is about how mine looks, I ended up runing the hose up and doing a 180 with them before running down to the frame. So far it has stopped all the mess that was occurring.

HD F250

Reaction score
Defenately a positive if you have the access or time

I am sure Rudy's can hook it up for me while we have it tore down and cab off. Thanks for the pics!

That is about how mine looks, I ended up runing the hose up and doing a 180 with them before running down to the frame. So far it has stopped all the mess that was occurring.

Any pics from yours? What did you do after your catch can didn't work out as planned? I def want to avoid the mess you had.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Any pics from yours? What did you do after your catch can didn't work out as planned? I def want to avoid the mess you had.

It is all still on. I turned the 90's up toward the hood, ran the hose up about 8" then down the frame to the catch can. Seems to be working good, no mess the other day.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Here is how I modified the ccv from Rudy's to stop my issues. So far so good, not many miles on it yet though.

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

Last edited:

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
being on the bottom of the valve cover, and goin straight down, i can see that pouring oil out.

on my 7.3, thats what we normally do, flip the dog house around, and loop the hose over the brake master cylinder, and down.

forces any liquid to run back down into the vc, and 99% of what is left is vapor.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Good idea on the loop erik that should really help i bet

Yeah it seems to be the solution.

Is that a 6.0 valve cover Erik ?

I don't think it is. I thought they were going to modify my valve cover but your question made me remember there was one in the box of parts I brought back. Mike H and Aaron put this together, one of them should know.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
None so far, been on for a few days but I blew out another rear drive shaft. Hopefully be done tomorrow then wait for the big one coming from So Cal. Local shop won't build one big enough.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Exactly, will do. May take a couple of weeks he said, backed up. It is a full 1410 with a cv. Front going with a 42 degree dv all 1410 as well.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
I know, but I just figured that there would be a little discrepancy between the sides. You know if you get one from the dealer they will ask which side.

HD F250

Reaction score
It is all still on. I turned the 90's up toward the hood, ran the hose up about 8" then down the frame to the catch can. Seems to be working good, no mess the other day.

Eric, thanks for the pics also. I was hoping the loop would work and gravity is serving it's purpose and separating the vapors and liquids.

Here is how I modified the ccv from Rudy's to stop my issues. So far so good, not many miles on it yet though.

Great thread with results. Keep us posted after some more testing.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.