CCV Pressure

BFT

Reaction score
Trying to find that size in AN fittings is I little tough but possible. I think I would need a -16 to get what I want? I found a bung to -16 AN male to weld to the valve cover and then -16 female to -16 for the hose.
The question I have is the -16 is the ID or the OD?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
he was stating that he did not like, or could not make, the 1" line bend how he wanted it to. so was looking for alternative sizing, that equaled the same thing.

just wondering, what is the stock size of ccv on these things?

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
lol, beat me to it.

99% of the time, piping sizing is all based on I.D., unless otherwise stated, as you can get everything with various size walls.

so the only standard way to measure things will be I.D.

BFT

Reaction score
he was stating that he did not like, or could not make, the 1" line bend how he wanted it to. so was looking for alternative sizing, that equaled the same thing.

I have a 1" on mine venting to atmo.
IMG_4724.jpg

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
which then brings up the question.

if your goin to weld on fittings onto the valve cover, and your goin to use two fittings, would it be better to put on on each cover, instead of two fitting on one cover?

just wondering there.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Factory vents from one side only, don't think it will make that much difference. Think it equals out.

BFT

Reaction score
which then brings up the question.

if your goin to weld on fittings onto the valve cover, and your goin to use two fittings, would it be better to put on on each cover, instead of two fitting on one cover?

just wondering there.

I thought about capping the factory and doing that but there is a lot of stuff in the way of where I would weld the fitting

gman1

Reaction score
Trying to find that size in AN fittings is I little tough but possible. I think I would need a -16 to get what I want? I found a bung to -16 AN male to weld to the valve cover and then -16 female to -16 for the hose.
The question I have is the -16 is the ID or the OD?

ID

6.4 CCV is 3/4 ID

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
I thought about capping the factory and doing that but there is a lot of stuff in the way of where I would weld the fitting

i was just speculating.

ease of installation aside, would it be beneficial to do it, one on each, compared to both on one?

BFT

Reaction score
I would figure one on each to equal it out? Seems like that's how it should be. I see a lot of the big HP gassers venting from both, can't hurt

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
i suppose the better question on my part, would be, if your goin to run two, like you are, why wouldnt you put one on each?

i suppose it would depend on how your goin to terminate the end, i guess. vented to atmo, why not. i is there actually a good reason to not do it like that?

vented into some sort of a can, would probably req 2 cans, making it kinda not cost effective at that point, or defeat your purpose of cleaning up your underhood area.

im like you. i see all the gassers doin it. though, they have much less goin on under the hood than a 6.4

BFT

Reaction score
On forced induction it would be good to have. I had 4 IIRC going to a catch can in my old race car. My catch can was the size of a car battery with 3 vents on the top

BFT

Reaction score
bought 2 aluminum -12 male fittings with weld on bungs, and 2 female -12 to -12 barb fittings for the driver side valve cover along with hose. ill probably have it set higher on the valve cover so i wont get a lot of oil splash back in the tubes.
IMG_7832.jpg

Last edited:

BFT

Reaction score
Got the bungs welded and placed them in. I set the valve cover momentarily because I want to change the gasket on the valve cover.
The rear 90* will probably be change to a 120*.

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

HD F250

Reaction score
Got the bungs welded and placed them in. I set the valve cover momentarily because I want to change the gasket on the valve cover.
The rear 90* will probably be change to a 120*.

IMG_7661.jpg

IMG_3434.jpg

That's awesome, hope this works as expected. Keep us posted on the outcome. I def need a solid CCV plan when I go under the knife.

BFT

Reaction score
Those aren't my welds, far from itLOL the guy who welded it is the guy who does the no limit intake pipes.

Latest posts

Members online