Creampie Build

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
we have a vibration we cant figure out. Had a injector that decided to not come to work today and once we swapped it out with another one it cleaned up the power balance but it still shakes.

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
michael%20j%20fox%27s%20%20equations.jpg

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
ok update...I was up in OK with Matt this past weekend to help with the swap. Help is subjective since I had a broken wrist but I still passed tools well.

anyways, long block assembly went fine and we stabbed the motor in on Friday. Saturday was spent putting most of the other crap back in. Went to fire the motor and once it kicked over it was running pretty bad and had a bad shake. we figured dead hole. checked the power balance and found a bad injector. moved it around and the powerbalance followed it so we pulled it and replaced it with one of the injectors from Deranged. that cured the injector issue and the power balance was flat but the shake is still there. It gets much worse with throttle so we're thinking something rotational. we separated the trans to eliminate the torque converter...still shakes. cranked it over to watch flex plate and harmonic balancer and they seem straight. matt swapped the harmonic balancer from my old motor and it still shakes.

now matt is pulling the flex plate off to replace it with the one from my motor and also check the crank adapter. I know the previous engine owner pulled this balancer off for the block assembly but he said it didn't have a vibration issue when he ran it. We're hoping that's the source somehow because outside of that we're completely stumped. the only other thing we can do is swap the injectors to rule those out but the motor sounds completely normal and power balance is fine so who knows.

Any idears on anything else that could cause a big time vibration that's not fuel side related?

Last edited:

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
it wasn't really aside from the hazing but we got that improved through tuning. we do have 1 injector that needs some attention that we need to send back.

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
Last edited:

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.