Creampie Build

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Stock balancer and he sent it without? Tell mike to swap you balancers and see if that helps. Or grab a ATI dampner. I'm guessing it either has a cracked main or the balancers are off substantially

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
no it came with the balancer he ran on it. we swapped the balancer from my old motor onto it and no change.

oem flexplate too

MorganY

Reaction score
Does anyone think the rear crank flange adapter ring is the issue? That's the only external thing left on the rotating assembly that I could think of that would cause a vibration now that the damper and flex plates have been eliminated..

Would hate for it to he something behind the pan....even then, how did it get there all of the sudden?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
i talked to matt and apparently the flex plate could still be a possibility....sent you a text.

i can't imagine it's internal. according to Mike, this ran fine when he pulled it (i believe him)

Last edited:

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Nope flex plate not the issue unless something is wrong with the one that was on it. Motor was not balanced but when I built my motor for my 06 a few years ago with the same internals I didn't balance it and it is smooth no vibration problem so not balanced is not the issue.

One thing that gets me is the original owner (who I trust) said he didn't have any problems with vibration.

The video does not do it Justice. Should have have it some rpm and it sounds like the dash is going to fall apart lol

swinky

Reaction score
Does anyone think the rear crank flange adapter ring is the issue? That's the only external thing left on the rotating assembly that I could think of that would cause a vibration now that the damper and flex plates have been eliminated..

Would hate for it to he something behind the pan....even then, how did it get there all of the sudden?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

During shipment maybe? Sounds possible.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
I would think if the flex plate was off enough to cause a vibration that bad, it wouldn't be catching on the starter. I broke my stock flex plate on my truck a while back driving down the road it came apart. It vibrated something fierce. It came right apart though for it to make it vibrate that bad, and the starter wouldn't grab on it at all.

mint-6oh

Reaction score
Doesn’t usually cause vibration as bad as your describing but the crankcase isn't overfilled is it?

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
Matt may sound real dumb the fly wheel went over the dowl correct ? I had a truck that had a wicked vibration and the jack wagon put the fly wheel on over the dowel and butchered it up. Nasty vibration at 2k

blackcloudpsd03

Reaction score
How you completely mess up something with a dowel is beyond me. Unless the back hub was off the crank and not aligned properly

Cutting-Edge Diesel

Reaction score
Don't really get your question? It was on correct. In the dowl. This vibration is at idle. I didn't even make it to 2k for fear of skaking the tires off.

Latest posts

Members online