Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
that reminds me i need to clean out the pounds of crap in my toolbox prob make it faster.lol let me know the next time you get bored i got plenty you can do to mine.:D

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got some "O-CRAP" handles installed. This is probably the dumbest thing Ford did by not putting these in to begin with. Thankfully, they did leave enough room between the inner metal and the outer shell to use expansion nuts. These handles are out of an Explorer.

IMG_0167-1.png

IMG_0166-1.png

I also got some new body parts in. I got a new grill, headlight bezels, and a tailgate. The headlight bezels and grill is OEM parts. The tailgate is Keystone Premium (no picture, not getting it back out of the box to take one). It is a heavy piece and comes with an excellent warranty. These will not be going on until later next month when the truck comes out of the body shop. She is getting a total makeover.

IMG_0190-1.png

IMG_0191-1.png

IMG_0192-1.png

IMG_0194-1.png

IMG_0195-1.png

Here is the reasons why she is getting a make over:

Rust starting to bubble on the passenger side rear wheel well. Shop is going to cut both sides out and put in new panels.

IMG_0196-1.png

IMG_0197-1.png

Dents in the bed side.

IMG_0198-1.png

IMG_0199-1.png

Rotted out tailgate.

IMG_0200-1.png

IMG_0201-1.png

Dent in the driver side cab corner. There is no rot anywhere on the cab, just this dent.

IMG_0202-1.png

Ford's best clear coat they could use. Funny enough, the top looks like new.

IMG_0203-1.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
i still got dibs on the old grill right? guess you found a better deal on one. gota love my southern truck but i do got the dents.lol should be the cleanest obs around & look great when done man

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I love how practical all of your mods are. Oh and real nice D60 Swap write up, I will be using that when I do mine.
I believe every modification to a vehicle should be for function over fashion.

i still got dibs on the old grill right? guess you found a better deal on one. gota love my southern truck but i do got the dents.lol should be the cleanest obs around & look great when done man
I found a new in the box grill that someone bought and never used.

Yea you still get the old one!

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I finally found good pieces of door trim to match the silver dash trim. I have searched for about 6 months in different junk yards. I had a passenger door trim, but didn't want to put the passenger door trim on until I could find a good driver door trim as well.

To swap the black trim for the silver trim, you just have to drill out the black plastic rivits on the back side of the black trim. The slots for the silver trim is already in the door panels.

IMG_0205-1.png

Before:
IMG_0207-1.png

After:
IMG_0206-1.png

IMG_0209-1.png

IMG_0208-1.png

IMG_0210-1.png

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got one part of my intercooler setup installed today. The Super Duty 7.3 oil fill tube will allow me easier access to my oil fill cap once the intercooler tubes are installed.

The part number for the tube is 4C4Z-6783-AA.

IMG_0211-1.png

IMG_0212.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Ah yeah there hard to track down and they crack easy when you remove them.Ask me how i know.lol I have interior paint thats the ford paint color so if ya find some just a dif color then you can use it. Thats what im doin.

BigJDW

Reaction score
Got to love junk yards I been looking for the dash trim like yours but ended up finding an Eddie Bauer f150 with the seats and console in really nice condition but when i came back the next day they were gone. :fustrate: But your trucks lookin good. :thumbsup:

mjonesjr

Reaction score
The yards around here are starting to crush the OBS Ford's, so a lot of parts are going away. Luckily there is still one yard about 5 miles from my house that doesn't crush anything unless it is 100 years old it seems like. They are also the only yard around here that will let you free walk.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.