Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I decided to take the wheel trim off the truck today. I am sure glad I did to clear out the gunk.

IMG_0134-1.png

IMG_0133-1.png

IMG_0135-1.png

Decided to take all the wheel trim off and leave it off. This spring the side molding will be coming off as well. I just need to figure out how to get the tape off without damaging the clear coat.

IMG_0136.png

IMG_0137-1.png

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
yeah they are a good spot to collect rust i took mine of and painted under them just in case. they make a rubber piece that goes on a drill that works great they used it up at my school and it just takes the sticky of.lol

BigJDW

Reaction score
While your taking care of the hidden rust don't forget to check under the chrome on the windshield. I pulled mine to paint it and there was tons of crud under it holding moister and wasting the clips.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
While your taking care of the hidden rust don't forget to check under the chrome on the windshield. I pulled mine to paint it and there was tons of crud under it holding moister and wasting the clips.
I'm going to be pulling that trim this spring so they can paint the whole truck.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I'm going to stick with a single color right now. I'm going to go with a about the same shade, only in a silver so it is more metallic.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I decided to take my tool box out and clean the aluminum dust out and paint and coat the bottom so it wouldn't do it again.

IMG_0142-1.png

IMG_0143-1.png

I also got a new Silverline exhaust tip from Complete Performance. It is a 4" inlet x 5" outlet tip with a miter cut and rolled edge.

Before:
IMG_0137-1.png

After:
IMG_0149-3.png

IMG_0150-3.png

IMG_0151.png

Cleaned and washed up since it was decent outside today.

IMG_0152.png

IMG_0153.png

IMG_0154.png

IMG_0155.png

mjonesjr

Reaction score
lookin good as always.... what did you paint the box with, like a liner or just a paint
I painted it first with a flat black paint, then I used the spray can bed liner.

DIDNT EVEN NOTICE YOU HAD A TOOLBOX.LOL YOU GET BORED TO EASY.LOL TIP REALLY SETS THE TRUCK OFF BTW.
It is the low profile over the rail box, so it is hard to see unless your looking.

With my work schedule (on 24, off 48), I have a lot of free time. I have a part-time job, but the weekends usually is when I get bored.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.