Daily Driver / Tow Pig Build....

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
yeah.didnt take mine out already had a single pos chip in it when i bot it.lol but someone told me the wheel well had to come out im sure thats wrong tho.lol

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Just the trim and some of the bolts that hold the inner fender in. I had mine out and the chip in it and driving in about 20 minutes.

Chimera

Reaction score
Awesome build man! Nice clean truck and even cleaner work!

Have you considered doing clean LED cab lights on it to match the headlights? HID's in the headlights and LED backups from Retro are a nice upgrades to these trucks too.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
Awesome build man! Nice clean truck and even cleaner work!

Have you considered doing clean LED cab lights on it to match the headlights? HID's in the headlights and LED backups from Retro are a nice upgrades to these trucks too.
I have and the clear lenses are on my list of things I want to do.

ah that aint bad then. so when you gonna throw a tip on that thing?lol
Who knows. I don't like the big gaudy tips that are out. I might have my dad make one (he works in the fab shop and Amtrack).

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got tired of my engine cover paint peeling so I decided to do something about it today.

Before:
IMG_0079.png

Paint Used:
IMG_0239.png

First Coat of Paint:
IMG_0237.png

IMG_0238.png

Finish Coat:
IMG_0240.png

IMG_0241.png

Installed:
IMG_0242.png

IMG_0243.png

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I got a fuel PSI gauge installed on my steering column so I can keep an eye on the fuel pressure. I used a Super Duty steering column pod to hold the gauge. It fit perfectly without any modification to my OBS column trim.

I also adjusted the fuel PSI to 65 PSI after talking to a guy who builds the injectors. He said that on a dyno, anything above and below 65 PSI the HP/TQ numbers dropped. The pictures below show 60 PSI. I had to get the air worked out of the system before I knew for sure. At the point when I took the picture, the gauge under the hood showed 65 PSI.

IMG_0277.png

IMG_0278.png

I used a billet aluminum Tee and a billet aluminum 1/8" x 1/8" nipple to put the sending unit and the gauge on the pressure regulator.

IMG_0272.png

IMG_0273.png

IMG_0274.png

IMG_0275.png

BigJDW

Reaction score
This is an awesome build, pretty much the same thing i wanted to do to my truck. What ever happen to the inter cooler instal i was hoping to see how hard that was going to be?

mjonesjr

Reaction score
This is an awesome build, pretty much the same thing i wanted to do to my truck. What ever happen to the inter cooler instal i was hoping to see how hard that was going to be?
Thanks.

I am still deciding what I want to do with the intercooler pipes.

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I upgraded my fuel/water separator with a Stanadyne FM100 Fuel/Water Separator. This is nice because it has a clear water bowl on the bottom. It doesn't show it in the link, but it comes with one.

I also used the Stanadyne 100 Watt side load heater. It comes on when the fuel is less than 45* and goes off once it reaches 50*.

Before:
IMG_0180.png

IMG_0178.png

After:
attachment1.png

attachment.png

I am working on a plate to cover the bottom of the filters. It will have a small access for the water drain.

The only thing I can't figure out is when I put the fuel in the filter it goes straight into the bowl. I would assume it is supposed to just be the water in the bowl.

FrankTheTank

Reaction score
it just does.... hahaha like why does a thermos keep stuff hot and or cold.... it just does.

well we all know my but who cares, it just does

mjonesjr

Reaction score
I did the new tire mod today. It really sucked dropping the $1,100 on tires. I guess if it needs it though.

photo.png

Latest posts

Members online