Diesel Power Challenge 2013; Who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I would just like to say that when I sent my paper in 5 to 6 months ago I sent what the truck was at that current time. When I found out I was one of the 10 ford's to pick from for diesel power challenge I knew my current setup wasn't going to be good enough. So I contacted Snyder performance to help build a competitive truck for diesel power challenge.

So is your truck the blue one?

The article is the newest I usually am one of the first to get the new mag and it showed up yesterday

Built 6.7

Reaction score
gone need some votes to see it :ford i live a cattle farm and pull a 5th wheel to all the power plants i work at so im so so with a trailer :bs:, pretty good on the strip. down fall is i have only sled pulled twice.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Plan on something to keep the front end planted. And plan on taking a spare rear axle or a few sets of shafts and possibly a pinion with you if you end up making big power, and especially lots torque.

Sterlings HATE life at big power. Ben @ Rudys and I have both instantly sheared a pinion clean off locking the torque converter in my truck

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
Plan on something to keep the front end planted. And plan on taking a spare rear axle or a few sets of shafts and possibly a pinion with you if you end up making big power, and especially lots torque.

Sterlings HATE life at big power. Ben @ Rudys and I have both instantly sheared a pinion clean off locking the torque converter in my truck

I would install a Dana 80 or an AAM 11.5 (out of a Dodge if SRW, out of a GM if DRW). Of course you would have to deal with wheel bolt pattern differences - but it would be worth the headache to switch things around on the axle to make it work.

A rear tube brace to keep the tubes on each side aligned correctly while under power would probably also help - even on the Sterling. That will help keep the correct tooth engagement under power and make it less likely to strip the pinion.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

erics held just fine at 1100 hp and 8900 lbs. id worry way more about the trans.

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
derek, and matt. as much as I'd like to see a 6.4 in it, I'm not voting for a truck with stock turbos. that's a joke IMO.

wasnt there a guy on here with a white 6.0 that got in? is he one of the guys listed? he had like 225s and a 66mm

Sent looking at my blown up 6.4

Twinturbostroker

Reaction score
Really wish someone would put a Powerstroke in a Dodge......I would love to see the reaction of the Dodge guys with that in their camp

Wayne

Reaction score
6.0 in a gen 2. LOL Ugliest truck, with the engine with the worst reputation. I suspect it would make it, just based on all the power stroke guys voting it in.

B.Warning

Reaction score

Your not the only cool kid to do that. This is what happened to mine last summer sled pulling.

ResizedImage951361476746775_zps5616c810.jpg
[/IMG]

ResizedImage951361476774151_zps4eb889f9.jpg
[/IMG]

Snoop

Reaction score
"Your not the only cool kid to do that. This is what happened to mine last summer sled pulling. "

Life size twizzler right there. Ouch

Oh hell ya someone should put a 6.0 in a dodge. That what make them all cringe. And make it a legit setup haha

Last edited:

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Luckily the sled pull is the last event and if it's Colorado it will be slick and dusty. So I doubt the rear ends will be an issue.

SoGrand

Reaction score
I like the only 6.4 that got in has stock turbos with drop in wheels....
wonder if they are going to start allowing past competitors in?

I am with you on this Dustin. If they allow past competitors back in i am all over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online